24. I Heart Gay Louis

JPOV

Riley had just dropped me off at the front of the mansion with my briefcase and a bouquet of flowers for my girl in hand. I stared in confusion as I noticed we had a visitor and I knew for a fact it wasn't Louis. Jake Johnson's Viper was parked in plain sight and for just a moment, my mind flashed back to that day I had arrived home to find him ass fucking my would-be fiancée in my bathroom.

All I could think was...Please, not her.

My knuckles tightened around the bouquet in my hand for a brief second until my senses brought me back to the fact that Bella wasn't that slut Selena, and she would never do anything like that to me.

Still, the fear was there. Had I let my guard down only to be fucked over again?

Haunted by the desolation that replayed like a wavy vinyl disc under the needle of an old phonograph, I found it hard to force my feet forward. It was as if they had been fastened down with cement blocks to the rocky bottom of a murky river, cutting off the freedom required to swim to the surface for a much needed breath of air. My heart was giving me a pep talk like a motherfucker, but the agony over the possibility that Bella could have fallen under Jake's mysterious spell overshadowed the fucking trust I had given to her so easily. What the fuck did women see in him?

I was bitch slapped back from my morbid thoughts when a crash came from somewhere inside the house. The bouquet and my briefcase tumbled to the ground at the next sound.

"You bitch!" It was Jake's voice, outraged and laced in venom.

"Please! No!" The hair on the back of my neck stood at attention.

Bella's scream was a desperate plea to assuage whatever attack she was under, and I took the front steps in giant leaps. Without a second thought, I threw myself against the door, my body numb to the pain that I should've felt in my frantic attempt to get to her.

The violent scene was displayed before me; my girl...my fiancée, trapped and fighting off the unwanted advances of that piece of shit motherfucker, Jake Johnson. Her shirt was ripped down the middle and he was holding her down while pulling at the button on her jeans. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she squeezed her eyes shut and awaited the inevitable rape that I had interrupted just in the nick of time.

My fucking heart was seized by a myriad of emotions that seemed to take on a life of their own. As they took shape, a full spectrum of colors clouded my eyesight and rendered me helpless to the maniacal beast that lay dormant within. Horrific greens morphed into sodden blues of terror. Violent midnight shifted to an outraged orange consumed by disgust until my vision was enflamed with a demonic red that burned white hot with the intensity of rage. And then finally, everything went black with the vengeance every microscopic cell in my body needed to claim.

"Get the fuck off her!" My voice didn't even sound like it was mine, but that was the least of my concerns.

I barely even registered that I had moved before I had Jacob's clothes clenched in my fists and had thrown him across the room, away from my girl. Bella looked up at me, and everything inside screamed for me to comfort her, but the driving force to make Jake pay for what he had done won the battle.

Fury consumed me until I was possessed without control over my own body. Fists were thrown and connected, my back was slammed against a wall, and then Bella flew across the room, as if from out of nowhere, and landed on Jake's back. It was when he swatted her away like she was nothing but an insignificant gnat that I snapped like a rubber band that had been stretched beyond its limit. I'd had enough of wrestling around with him like two scrawny boys grappling for dominance on a school playground. I was out for blood. I meant to beat him to a pulp until the very life force that kept the pathetic excuse for a human being alive was sucked dry of him.