SON OF TESLA: Chapter 21

THE SOUND OF POUNDING feet knocked Agent Brodham from his fitful sleep. He didn't remember dozing off in front of the computer. He just managed to pull his head off the desk surface and wipe a thin line of drool from the side of his mouth before Agent Vickers rounded the corner and burst through the open door.

"We got him," he announced triumphantly.

Brodham was instantly wide awake.

"Tell me."

"Circle K off Highway 76. Bedford, Pennsylvania. Cashier hit the silent alarm when a man grabbed her. Tall, dirty jeans, white shirt, dark hair, green eyes. Ring a bell?"

Brodham grunted.

"Anyway, he was looking for a teenager. Kid had paid for gas and asked where the back door was. Man ran after him. That's gotta be our MP, Jeremy Parson."

"PD arrive?" Brodham asked.

"Right on cue. Things got a little...messy after that. I'll fill you in on the way. Chopper's waiting out back. We should get there in thirty minutes."

Brodham looked at his watch. Nearly 8:00 A.M. How long had he slept? Less than an hour. He wiped the crust of sleep from his eyes and followed Vickers to the helicopter, his mind spinning. Bedford, Pennsylvania? Of all the places. Where were they going? What game was Petar playing?

Thanks for reading my story! Please VOTE and let me know what you think of it so far, then check out Chapter 22!