5. Djinn Blade Battle

"We can't let you in!" A palace guard angrily pushed back a familiar blond headed boy.

"Alibaba, maybe we shouldn't try just barging into their palace like this," Aladdin grunted nervously from behind his friend.

"Just tell Princess Kougyoku that Alibaba Saluja is here to see her!" Alibaba yelled back at the guard, still trying to push his way through the palace gates. The two of them were like mountain rams butting heads.

"What exactly is going on here?" a woman's shrill voice pierced the air.

"Kougyoku!" Aladdin waved happily, relief more potent that joy at this point.

"Aladdin? Alibaba? What are you two doing here?" the princess asked before directing her steely gaze onto the palace guard. The guard shriveled back, returning to his post at the Princess's unspoken order.

"We just wanted to visit you!" Alibaba started, straightening his clothes. His tone then turned serious, "There was something we wanted to discuss with you as well."

Kougyoku let the two into the palace at once, not questioning them further. The three walked in silence, stopping just short before the courtyard.

"I suppose she's the topic of interest that you wanted to speak to me about," Kougyoku said, her gaze fixed on the white haired girl in the courtyard.

"That's the girl from the market," Aladdin said under his breath.

Alibaba nodded. "Do you know who she is?" he asked.

Kougyoku shook her head, her pink hair swaying softly. "She was brought here some time ago but she was unconscious. A few days later, I saw her up and walking around the palace. We've all been made aware of her presence but we don't really know anything about her or why she's here. I've noticed that Judar has been spending the majority of his time tending to her like some kind of babysitter. The whole thing is strange to say the least."

"Judar personally watches over her?" Alibaba asked.

"Yes. She won't speak to any of the maids. Or anyone at all for that matter," Kougyoku replied, agitation clearly nipping at her expression.

"Can we try talking to her?" Aladdin, who had been quiet until now, asked.

"You can most certainly try," Kougyoku replied, "But I doubt she'll answer you."

Aladdin nodded and headed into the courtyard towards the girl. Before he could get very close, however, the girl had spun around and had her small sword pointed towards him.

"Aladdin!" Alibaba shouted, rushing between the girl's sword and the child. The sound of metal striking metal echoed through the palace corridors. Alibaba had countered her attack with his own sword, ready to block any other attacks she might throw.

---

(W-What are they doing here?! Why are they in the palace?)

I stood my ground, both hands gripping my sword tightly. I then recalled Judar's words to me in the market... (Just know that they're trouble.)

(Whatever their reason for being here is... It can't be good!)

I lunged to attack, swinging my sword quickly towards Alibaba. He dodged it narrowly and slipped to the side just out of my field of vision. I turned to face him, sword ready for another attack. To my surprise, he lunged first, his blade sifting through the air like the wind itself.

(He's fast!)

I felt a surge of panic grip me but recollected myself and prepared to take the defensive. His sword clashed against mine with unbelievable speed and power.