Welcome Incubee

She could hear the bickering from outside. A rough voice shot out; "Again stop it with the big spoons. Honestly." To her it sounded like a mangy dog trying to howl. Jared knocked on the door until he realized that he had the keys which had made him chuckle.

"Ah, there they are. I'm not used to having keys but Erlich finally gave me keys since I work here." He opened the door to which Jared walked on inside. It was homey but felt cramped due to the the computers and hardware that was used for workspace.

"Ah, Jared your back. Who's this?" One of the guys looked over at Caralee. They all stopped whatever it was they were doing just to see who was the girl that just walked through the door.

"You know we can't just have uninvited guests. Like honestly Jared, unless if it were some chick with bigger tits whos ready to smoke weed." Coming from the guy that asked who she was while looking up and down at her. He had long curly strawberry blonde hair and a larger more bearded version of the porn stache if it were to be submerged with handlebars. To Caralee he reminded her of a Sasquatch while she thought that it was a bit rude how he looked at her as if she was infected by some sort of disease along with an unflattering presence. She scanned the room noticing the other men sitting at the computers beside him; a Pakistani guy that wearing a striped polo and his friend that wore thick glasses which to her he seemed domineering.

"You know Erlich, its not always about that. I firmly believe that she could bring some use to the company. Some womanly presence if you will." Jared tried to convince Erlich but he seemed to not be buying it.

"We already have Carla and Monica for the diversity issue." Inferred Erlich.

"Yes, but they are busy working. What if you were to let her stay here just until she can get going and maybe she could just help around and pay rent-"

"Jared. Stop it right now. You're making me want to ram my head against the wall profusely. Now-"

"You know what if thats how you talk to your coworkers your ego must be so far up your ass you might even make your own words sound like chortling whenever you speak." Caralee shot back at him; her eyes seemed to be filled with flames portraying feelings of immense pain. Erlichs mouth dropped as Jared and the other guys try to struggle to keep in their laughter, which made him even angrier.

"Who is this? What the fuck- don't you ever speak to me like that on a mans premises-"

"Premises?" Caralees eyebrows rose as she walked up closer to him. "Honey a mans premises is only his premise if he respects those who have helped to fundamentally sustain it. And I see that you fail doing so." Caralee folded her arms; she may seem like a girl who seems to have no feminine way off dress and appearance but her intentions meant raging feminine power and fury that is waiting to crush discrimination it is path.

"I'm Caralee Jarvis. I'm poor and I have nowhere to go." Caralee informed him. "Now, I understand after my off putting appearance and your introduction to me was rather lets say- excessive than I will take my leave." Caralee started to head to the door until Jared stopped her.

"No Caralee please. We need you." Jared grabbed her arm but lightly, it seemed to have more of a grip when he didn't squeeze it too hard. "I need you. Look I know Erlich can be a little off putting himself but he means well. I know that you might just help the company; I can feel it, because whenever I see potential in someone who shows that I can tell right away. And I see potential in you." Jared articulated; he wanted to show Caralee how important she might be to the company.

"Thats a load of horseshit." Erlich cried. Caralee felt something snap in her.

"What did you say you stoner Sasquatch son of a bi-" Caralee swung her leg right at Erlichs head. Jared tried to pin her down as the guys got up from their seats to break them apart.

Together We Are Outliers: Silicon Valleyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें