Twenty Seven.

A/N: Can you go and check out 'Dark Silences'? It's my new story, and everyone loves it so far, including me. Thanks for reading I love you guys.

*Ebony's POV*

"Your grades have been slipping. A lot. Have you not been revising?" My mum asked me.

"I... I have. Just not as much as I used to." I bit my lip.

"Why? What could possibly be more important than your studies?" She frowned.

"Um... Nothing, I..." I searched desperately for a fair answer.

"I've seen you with that 'Alex' boy a lot. Are you dating him? Is he the reason you haven't revised?" She asked.

I nodded sheepishly.

"That boys trouble. An innocent, intelligent young lady such as you shouldn't be wasting their time with a lost cause like Alex." She rolled her eyes. "A friend of mine taught that boy once, apparently he's absolutely hopeless. Can't hardly spell his own name."

How could she speak about him like that? "I think Alex is really clever." I pointed out.

"Oh, really? Then why has he had such a bad influence on you?" The teacher smirked.

"He hasn't. He's taught me to have fun." I protested.

"But if you don't get your grades you'll be having fun on the streets. You are not allowed to meet up with that scumbag anywhere except school! Go upstairs and revise chemistry." Mum ordered.

"No way! I'm not doing what you tell me!" I was shocked. Why wasn't I allowed to be happy?

"Oh, and why would you refuse to do something your own mother told you to do?" She asked.

"Because Alex is the love of my life." I sighed.

"I dated a boy in high school. His name was James. I thought we would be together forever. But you know what? Everyone dates in high school and thinks that they'll stay with that person forever."

It's because you're young and naive that you think he's the one. Actually, he's just passing through. So trust me, focus on your studies. " My mum finished her lecture.

"Wow. So interesting. Shame it's all bullshit." I yawned.

"Give me your phone." My mum ordered. I handed it over. "Now go up to your room. I'm breaking up with Alex for you and moving you to a private school near your grandmothers. Get upstairs."

"What?" I frowned. "You're joking right?"

"Nope. I'm serious. You will never speak to or hear from that boy again. And that is a promise, young lady." She said sternly.