Chapter 3: How'd He Know?!

Maehara P.O.V.

"Hey, Let's go see how Karma's doing with the little blue."
Sugino offered as we were packing up our bags, preparing to go home. Not a bad idea, haven't seen them since yesterday so, I guess we can make something out of it.

"Sure, I'd like to see that 'kid' again, and hopefully Okuda is stirring up her antidote for him as well."
I told Sugino, agreeing with the 'visiting' idea. He went back to his desk and fixed his stuff, he was putting in a LOT of stuff too. As I was preparing for my leave as well, this familiar figure went towards me, and spoke this unwitted voice.

"Hey, Maehara-san, Are you up for the arcade today?"
He happily asked me. But disappointedly, I rejected him, since you know what I'm supposed to do, he doesn't though. Which I think is making him act suspicious towards me, these past few days...

"Uh, Sorry, Isogai, I can't right now... you see--"
"You've got something to do. Like always."
He interrupted, crossing his arms and raising a brow. He glared at me, and I looked nervously back at him. Surely, he was... annoyed, at me for missing our hangouts.

"W-Well..."
I stuttered, unable to say any word nor sentence to reply back. I was feeling guilty and I'm a ladies' man, totally not me, in a way that is.

"Tch. So, what important 'things' are you gonna do today? You said in the other days that you had a family meeting, reunion with your elementary classmates, another family occasion and now... what?"
He sarcastically told me, almost telling my every excuse, and practically waiting for my excuse now. Does he know that's not what I'm doing at all? That's not a good thing.

"Well, you see--"
"C'mon, Maehara-san! We need to go--uh, Hi, Isogai-kun!"
Sugino tells me as he finished packing up. He came up and noticed Isogai as he dodged a bullet. A noticable flaw to my excuses.

"So, today, you're hanging out with Sugino, instead of me?"
Isogai asked angrily. Since he's my best friend and all, but I spend more time with a friend. That's the whole situation in his head now, possibly. But Nagisa did beg us not to tell anyone about his situation. He'll freak... I'm stuck between two rocks now, huh?

"Isogai, you see--"
"Oh shut up, I don't need any explanation at all. Just don't talk to me from this point on."
He interrupted me once more. Once he did, he left disappointedly and with a hint of anger in his eyes. I, on the other hand, is pretty much confused and a bit guilty with all the lies, but surely he'll know 'bout my situation.

"W-Well, uh, let's go... then?"
Sugino asked nervously as he geld his bag. I nodded with a sad expression, and left with him. I fell awfully bad now, not inly did I lie, again! I also managed to... hurt the poor's feelings. Damn man.

"Hey, It's alright, me and Nagisa sometimes fight like that, eventually, we would become friends again, and pretend the whole thing never happened at all."
Sugino tried cheering me up. Well, that worked, like, 10%. But that didn't really help me as much, I rather be a little mouse living in a wretched hole by the corner.

"I hope...so..."
I said sadly in reply. Once that was finished, we went out and started darting off to Karma's house, where the redhead himself and the bluenette would be right now. Right before we went downhill, the octopus showed himself to us, frantically laughing 'nye he he he he'.

"K-Koro-Sensei!? What're you--"
Sugino managed to say, before he got cut off by the yellow octopus who seem to be striking a confident pose right now.

"Well, I should also be askng you two that. Why are in such a hurry running home?"
He asked playfully. Me and Sugino stared at eachother and told him we were going someplace for some grub. Something to eat.

"Can I come???"
He asked excitungly, but of course we said no. His expression then saddened but quickly turned confident again.

"Sorry..."
I told him. He laughed and gazed at us .

"Nye heh heh heh heh, Don't worry, maybe some other time, I am also busy right now. I just wanted to know why you rush."
He confessed. Me and Sugino nodded and smiled a bit at him, for showing no suspicion at all.
I think we're actually safe.

As Koro-Sensei was leaving, he mentioned some words I couldn't believe...

"Hope Nagisa will return back his original size~"
He told us. We both looked at him, speechless we gazed at him as he went up the hill.

"Don't worry, I won't tell. Just make sure he gets back to normal soon, everyone is getting worried."
He warned. We both nodded, and he proceeded walking back. Welk, actuall he skipped walking and used his speed of Mach 20 nd rushed back to the school building.

"How did he..."
"Know?"
We both said, finishing each other's sentence. Well as long as he doesn't tell anyone, the secret is safe. But he's right we need to turn him back as soon as we can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we reached Karma's house, Sugino knocked on the door, while I was lost in thoughts, thinking what happened today. Lies, a fight, someone knows a secret we haven't told... what's next? Some deserting me? Since it looks like a pattern, I guess that's gonna happen for sure.

"Hello...? Ah! It's you guys!"
As the door opened, the familiar blue haired kid met us, gretting us with surprise at the same time happiness in his eyes. I put on a fake smile, and tried to act normal as me and Sugino entered. I don't want to trouble the little guy.

"Oh, so you did came. Hm? You okay, Maehara-san? You look pretty down."
Karma asked as he greeted us in the living room. Can he read my facial expression? Hope not.
He looked at me with a troubling look, I feel like I should tell, but it's my personal business. I can't-- I guess I should.

"Y-Yeah, Let's talk about it later."
I told him, not yet explaining what happened. I still felt guilty, the way I treated Isogai, wasn't what a bestfriend would do. Keeping secrets... and he's good at keeping secrets. But this was private.

"Tell us~"
Karma bribed. And when he does that, everyone knows you should tell your troubled secret or he'll use his discovered secrets about you... and you wouldn't want that.

To be honest, he's really caring sometimes about his friends and wants to help. His mishief and play hides all that, but he really is helpful.

"Okay, then."
I started.