Punishment

Cas was thinking about his day with Dean. How he had always smiled at him and how it had felt like, being in public without ignoring each other. He had tried to call Dean afterwards but he wouldn't have picked up. Now he was sitting at a table with Charlie and Kevin and still waiting for someone to announce the news that Dean had broken up with Lisa. Everyone made a big deal out of them starting dating so Cas was pretty sure it would be worse when they broke up. Dean had promised him to break up and Cas trusts him. But when Dean walked in the hall, Cas felt a punch in his chest. Dean looked horrible. Not horrible like ugly horrible, he was still beautiful. Cas thought that Dean could never not look beautiful. But he had dark shadows under his eyes and his right hand was bandaged. But the worst part was that he was walking with his arm around Lisa. Like he always had. Like the last two days had never happened. And, not to Cas' surprise, he still ignored him. Cas felt terrible. Like his heart had been ripped out of his chest and thrown right into a sharp's mouth. Dean had promised him... What had changed his mind?
Charlie and Kevin didn't seem to notice. They were fighting about something stupid, Cas didn't listen to. His eyes were fixed at Dean and Lisa. They laughed, but Cas knew Dean well enough to know that this wasn't his real laugh.
-
After school Cas waited at Dean's car to confront him. Dean came and Sam wasn't with him, probably because he went to Gabriel's.
"Dean. What happened?", Cas asked and pointed at Dean's bandaged hand.
"Nothing. Go away.", Dean didn't look Cas in the eyes. But still Cas could clearly see that Dean was hurt.
"No. I won't go away. You owe me an explanation. You promised me you would break up with Lisa. I almost thought that we could start to stop living a lie. What changed your mind?"
Dean ignored Cas' question and got into his car.
"Dean?! Talk to me!", Cas shouted after him but Dean still ignored it.
"Dean! DEAN!", Cas kept on shouting while Dean drove away.
-
Dean didn't drive home. He drove to Bobby's. He couldn't go home. Not after everything that happened. Bobby was glad to see him and helped him with his wounded hand. Then he cooked for Dean and told him he could stay as long as he wants to.
Dean if he wanted to stay. He wanted to go to Cas. Be with Cas. But he couldn't. This was his punishment. He left his brother to be with his boyfriend. And he couldn't think of any better way to punish himself.