Snow day

Magnus's POV

The cold air nipped at my cheeks and nose as me and Alec looked at all the lights. Central Park was brighter than the sun. I had seen it millions of times but now it seemed... Brighter. Happier.

People say that's what the world looks like when you're in love. And I am in love so I guess it was.

Alec nudged me off the path towards a darker corner and leaned against a tree holding my hand tightly to warm them. "They said wait here" he mumbled as he tugged me closer to his chest. I happily lean on him with my chin on his shoulder so I could watch the lights and people.

"Whose coming?" I whispered to him softly.

"Jace, Clary, Izzy, Simon. The gang." He said kissing my brow lovingly. I straightened up and tucked him under my chin. His chest rose and fell against mine making me smile.

This was perfect. Absolutely perfect. Finally Alec had forgotten the harsh words of his father. Finally Alec had moved in all of his stuff. Finally Alec was going to properly spend Christmas with me.

I looked up at the snow swirling happily around us. It was wonderful to watch. The moment of peace was greatly accepted. Lately now that Jace insisted to see his parabatai ever day, the loft had been busy.

"He's my boyfriend" I had whined but Alec kissed me.

"And I still will be. But I'm your shadowhunter boyfriend. And I'm getting flabby"

"No you are not" I protested and poked his side. "Trust me I've licked your abs"

Jace then proceeded to smacking me. It was worth it.

"Alec!" Izzy cried pushing me away and throwing his arms around him. I sighed but Clary came and hugged me. I smiled down at her.

"Hello biscuit" I mumbled ruffling her hair. She kissed my cheek and Jace tugged her back. I stood while they all said hello to their beloved Alec then he joined me by my side.

"Come on guys. I want to see the lights!!" Clary was jumping up and down. Izzy linked arms with her and Jace talked to the vampire. Alec and I trailed after them happily. Our little pack.

We were inseparable. It amazes me the loyalty each of them carried for Alec and even for me. Me a warlock. Me a downworlder. It felt good.

We walked for what seemed like hours just admiring the lights and each other's company. It had been while since all 6 of us were together. I was hit with the amazement of this perfect moment.

"Guys" Izzy's voice was panicked and scared. "My pendant."

Jace tensed and looked at her. It was bright red. There was a big one.

My hands crackled with power and I saw Alec reach for a blade on his hip. Everyone was looking around.

Then on the ice not too far from us was a huge black shadow.

Both Alec and Jace took off towards it. It was horrifying and everyone else ran after them. They were already on the ice.

They slipped and slid across to the thing who reared up and screeched. It was too dark to make out distinct figures.

I was trembling.

Izzy made a move to run out and help when a sickening crack split across the eerie silence. I went wide eyed and my hands were covered in harsh blue sparks of fear. I wanted to help I wanted to cry out, but one step on the ice could send us to our deaths.