Chapter 4: Bass Guitar

Media: "Memoria" from Fate/Zero bass cover and her bass bc you know... its pretty

I've signed the last of my soul to the Osu demons... cya in a year...

____________________

"You did what?!"

"Yes, I did almost burn the house down while using a microwave."

"I cannot believe you."

"Seriously! Ask any of the other guys about it," Dyrus laughed. Once they finished making and eating their breakfast-lunch-dinner, Mizuki and Dyrus went upstairs to get her setup with league. As the game downloaded, the two of them began telling stories about themselves to each other.

"I'm not buying it," Mizuki said and crossed her arms.

"Whatever," Dyrus mumbled and rolled his eyes mockingly. "By the way I checked out your tumblr and I really love your art style. I can't wait for the piece you're gonna make for me."

"Oh, crap! That's what I was gonna do today. I'll work on it tomorrow for sure since I already have an idea in mind."

A few moments later, Mamoru trotted into Mizuki's room and jumped onto the bed between Dyrus and Mizuki. "So this is Mamoru? Any special meaning behind his name?" Dyrus asked as he scratched the dog's neck.

"Yeah his name means 'protector' or 'guardian.' When I was growing up, I didn't have a lot of friends and I was an only child on top of that, so my parents got me Mamoru for my twelfth birthday to keep me company. He's a brother and a best friend all rolled into one giant, fluffy ball. Pretty convenient honestly."

Mamoru nudged Mizuki's arm, begging for attention which Mizuki gladly granted to him.

"I'm pretty sure your name means something, too, huh?"

"Y-yeah, it means 'beautiful moon,'" Mizuki muttered. "since my parents said I was born at midnight 'on a perfectly clear night in January,'" she said, imitating her mom.

"I can see why they would name you that," Dyrus smirked. Mizuki blushed and hit his arm.

"You seriously need to stop unintentionally flirting with me, oh my god."

"Well, that might be hard," he shrugged.

"Like something else possibly," she said under her breath. "Anyway, I think league finished downloading. You should probably tell me how this works before I accidentally kill everything or myself."

---

"So I don't really bother with runes until higher levels? But I have to do masteries every level," she recalled from what Dyrus explained.

"Basically," he said with a shrug.

"Oh, cool. Anyway, it's really late now, so both of us should go to sleep." Mizuki glanced at the time on her computer which read 1:21 am.

"Yeah, but before I go, can you do me a favor?" Dyrus asked.

"Sure, what do you need?"

"I was just wondering if I could hear you play a bit of bass for me? Only if you want to of course!" he said quickly.

"O-oh sure, no problem, but I haven't played in a year so..." Mizuki trailed off as she made her way to the bass guitar case leaning against the corner of her room. She placed it on her bed and opened it, revealing her cherry - stain red bass. Mizuki tested it out and played a few notes before sitting next to Dyrus on her bed. "Okay, I think I remember how to play this song... hopefully. You should know this song. I'll just start where the bass comes in," she said quietly before starting to play "Memoria" from Fate/Zero.

After a few seconds into the song, Mizuki began to instinctively mutter the lyrics as she played. Even after only playing for a moment, Mizuki forgot Dyrus was in the same room, let alone right next to her. She was so immersed in her playing that once she finished, Dyrus's voice startled her.

"For not playing at all for a year, you're really good," he praised.

"T-thanks. I honestly didn't expect myself to play that well either," she laughed nervously. "You know what song I played, right?"

"Of course! Well, I'm gonna get going. See you tomorrow?"

"Technically later today but sure," Mizuki grinned.

"You're the best," Dyrus said with a matching smile before he left her room.

____________________

Hey that was trash considering how long I "worked on it"

Oh well... time to be trash somewhere else...

 time to be trash somewhere else

-Cmdeguzzi