Chapter 30

"MY BLOOD!" I shouted. Everyone in the room looked at me.

"What are you talking about?" asked Peter.

"My blood, Peter! My blood!" I shouted.

"What about your blood?" he asked.

I grabbed him by his shoulders.

"If I give her some of my blood, maybe it will pass some of my healing factor to her!" I exclaimed.

"You know, that may be crazy enough to work," he said.

I turned to the doctor who had kept telling us she was going to die.

"Give her some of my blood," I said.

He gave me a weird look.

"We already did a blood transfusion. It will be pointless to do it aga-"

"Just give her some of my blood!" I yelled.

"We can't just give her some of your blood. You have to have the same blood ty-"

"GIVE HER SOME OF MY BLOOD!" I yelled. The whole room went silent.

"Sir, we can't do t-"

In a swift motion, I whipped my gun out. I pointed it at the doctor.

"She's dying. Giving her some of my blood may cure her. You may not understand but I don't care. If you know what's good for you, you'll give her some of my damn blood."

Everyone in the room except me and Peter were frozen. It was silent except for the sound of Iris's heart rate monitor. The doctor held his hands up. They shook.

'He better say something or we're shooting,' said yellow box.

A few more tense moments later, the man heaved a sigh.

"Alright, fine. But if it doesn't work, I can at least say I told you so."

I lowered my gun. He lowered his hands.

"Get a pint of blood from him. And prepare for a blood transfusion," he said.

Peter's pov

I watched as they removed a pint of blood from Iris and collected a pint from Deadpool.

"Here's your juice and cookie," said the nurse who took the blood from Deadpool.

"No thanks, I don't need it," he said.

The nurse gave him a funny look and took the juice and cookie away.

"Is the blood ready for transfusion?" asked the doctor.

"Yes," replied a nurse.

"Then let's begin."

The doctor put on a pair of blue gloves. He took a IV connected to Deadpool's bag of blood. He wiped Iris's inner elbow with a alcohol wipe. After setting it down, he took the needle and inserted it into her arm. He secured it, picked up the bag of blood and handed it to a nurse. She hung it on a holder and squeezed the bag gently. Blood trailed down all the way to her arm.

"The transfusion should be done in about an hour or so," said the doctor, removing his gloves.

I guess we would have to just wait and see if Deadpool's crazy plan would work.

Deadpool's pov

1 hour later...

The bag of my blood was pretty much empty. Iris hadn't moved. I was starting to lose hope.

'Maybe I was wrong,' said white box.

"See, what did I say? She's done for. Your idea didn't work," said the doctor.

'Oh, I want to shoot him so badly,' said yellow box.

"Say your goodbyes...while you still can," he said and left the room. His comrades followed him, leaving me and Peter alone again.

I walked over to her bed and sat down in a chair beside it. I took her cold hand. I rubbed my thumb into her palm gently.

"Go ahead and say it. I was wrong," I said.

Peter didn't respond.

"But what's new? I'm always wrong. Isn't that right?"

He again didn't respond. I layed my head on her chest. I tried to find her heartbeat. But it was so soft. I couldn't hear it.

"I love you so damn much. No one will ever be able to replace you," I said.

I laid my head on her chest, wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her tightly. After a few moments I lifted my head off of her and looked into her pale face. I wished she was looking back. I kissed her passionately. Her lips were as cold as the rest of her. I stopped and looked at her again. After several moments, I stood and started to walk away.

"Hm?"

My head whipped around at the gentle sound that came from Iris.

"Peter, did you hear that?" I asked.

"Yes..."

I approached her slowly.

"Iris?"

"AUUUGGHHH!!!" she screamed.

She suddenly started to convulse. I was growing worried. I thought she was dying. Her fingers curled. Her veins popped out. But then, she stopped.

Moments later, her eyes fluttered open.

"Deadpool," she said.

'SHE'S ALIVE!' cried white and yellow box.

"Iris!" I shreiked and hugged her.

"It worked. The blood worked!" said Peter.

"Get the doctor! Tell them she's healed!" I shouted.

Peter rushed out of the room.

"What blood? What's happening? And why do I feel so...weird?" she asked.

"It's a long story. What happened w-"

The doctor and his crew bursted in with Peter. Their eyes widened. The doctor came over to her and lifted her gown so her could see her stomach. He removed the bandages. Underneath where there should've been a huge scar, was nothing.

"That's impossible," he said.

"Ha! I told you the blood would fix her!" I said.

"What blood?" she asked.

"My blood. Let me tell you the story."