02 = Funerals & Freeze Queens

I do not own Teen Wolf or any of its characters. I only own Celeste. If I did then I wouldn't be sad and broke.

Song – Electric Feel // MGMT

Celeste's POV

"She came here?" Stiles vocalized his doubts, "You're sure?"

Celeste looked at a bemused Scott for confirmation, the four of them currently standing on the outskirts of the Hale Estate.

"This is where the scent leads," Scott reiterated from his stance beside Allison.

The shortest member of their group shivered subtly as the biting chill of night forced its way through the way-too-big coat she had borrowed from Scott.

She couldn't even begin to imagine how a completely barren teenage girl would fair in this weather.

"Alright," Stiles sighed, "well, has Lydia ever even been here?"

"Not with me," Allison denied with finality.

Scott shook his head to signify he hadn't taken her either, and they all looked to Celeste.

"No," Celeste spoke quietly, "there's no way Lydia would risk her designer heels to trek this far into the forest for a decrepit house."

"Maybe she came here on instinct," Allison offered, "like, she was looking for Derek."

"You mean looking for an Alpha?" Scott nodded his agreement.

"Wolves need a pack, right?" Allison inquired.

"Not all of them," Scott disagreed.

"But would she have been drawn to an Alpha?" Allison pressed, "Is it an instinct to be part of a pack?"

"Yeah, we're stronger in packs," Scott informed his girlfriend.

"Like strength in numbers?"

"No," Scott denied, "like, literally stronger, faster, better in every way."

"As much as I'd love to quote old Daft Punk songs with you guys, maybe we should focus on finding Lydia," Celeste spoke with impatience, tuning the two lovers out as she joined Stiles in surveying the area.

"Woah, hey," Stiles nudged her, kneeling on the ground a few feet away, "look at this."

Celeste focused her attention on a transparent wire pulled taught between two rods stakes in the ground, and Allison joined them.

"You see this?" Stiles ran his hands along it, "I think it's a trip wire."

"Well, trip it," Celeste urged him on, her excitement getting the best of her.

Stiles grinned at her, pulling the wire up. Nothing was heard except for a faint rustling of leaves behind them.

"Stiles?" Scott's voice called from behind them, sounding strained.

"Yeah, buddy?" Stiles asked, turning around.

Celeste cackled at the sight of the teen wolf hanging upside down, tied to a tree by one foot connected to a rope.