A Sister?!

Draco's P.O.V

I walked up the stairs and saw my mother going into one of the many rooms in the house. It was the room right next to my own. I don't remember anyone ever using that room when I was a kid but lately I've seen my mother constantly going in there. What was in that room that was so important? I walked over to the door and put my ear up against it.  All I could hear was the slight muttering of spell too quiet to make out. Although it sounded like mother was redecorating. Was there a guest coming that would need to use this room? That would be odd though because there was a whole wing in the manor specifically for guests. This wing was particularly for family, and Uncle Severus who babysat occasionally when I was a child. I shrugged my shoulders. Whatever was happening I was sure mother would inform me of it soon. I walked back into my room and sat on my bed. I glanced at my bookshelf looking for something to read. My eyes stopped on one of the potions books Uncle Severus had gifted me. I was still in disbelief that my godfather had been a spy. That is likely why he was so good at it. I glanced at my bare forearm and shivered. I couldn't believe how close I had been to getting the dark mark, ending up in Azkaban with my father. I had just wanted to make my father proud. I was a child. How quickly one must grow up in the throws of war. It was my mother who had save me. She had requested that the Dark Lord wait to mark me until I had completed my stint at Hogwarts. 

Suddenly I heard a chime indicating that someone had Portkeyed into our Parlor. Was this the guest that would be residing in that bedroom? I heard mother's footsteps on the stairs and decided to investigate. I slipped out of my room and walked silently down the stairs and peaked my head into the room. There was me?! Or at least someone that looked like me. They had longer hair and a slightly different face shape. Were their eyes lighter or was that a trick of the light? 

"Oh daughter, it's so wonderful to meet you." Mother said giving the person a hug. Daughter? I had a sister? This was my sister? I removed my head from the doorway and stared straight ahead. I had a sister that my mother had never told me about. A sister that was currently sitting in the Parlor. I had been an only child my entire life. Where was this sister when I was little? And why did she get protection from the Dark Lord and not me? 

"Draco!" My mother shouted. "Get down here, there's someone I'd like you to meet."

I was tempted not to come. I was tempted to just go right back up to my room and not ever meet this girl. I paced briefly weighing my option. I decided that ignoring my problems wasn't worth my mother's scorn. I walked through the doorway and into the Parlor.

"Hello," I said curtly.

"Draco, there's been something I've been keeping from you." Mother said.

"Did you cheat on father? Is that why you kept this a secret from me?" I asked coldly. Mother looked shocked.

"Heavens no, Draco, darling. I am a Pureblood woman. How could you even think I would do such a terrible thing." Mother sounded hurt. I felt a little guilty about my accusation. That was a pretty terrible thing to accuse your own mother. It was the only thing I could think of that would explain why mother chose to save this girl and not me.

"Sorry mother." I said. She just nodded still looking a little cross.

"Muggles don't condone cheating either." The girl said although her comment was ignored.

"Draco, this is your twin sister. At the time of your birth, the dark lord was looking to harness the power of magical twins in order to evade that prophecy of his. I couldn't let him use you two, so I sent your sister away." Mother explained. I nodded numbly. I was a twin. Magical twins were very rare and very powerful and I was one of them. I glanced over at my new sister, she had her arms crossed and was looking around unimpressed. 

I walked over to her and introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Draco Malfoy."

"I'm Hermione Granger." She said. I suddenly saw black. I did not feint, I swear I did not feint. I just unexpectantly took a nap.