Prologue

"I'm going to Seoul." Jeongguk's teary doe eyes peer down at (y/n), waiting for her reaction. Her (e/c) eyes shoot open. "You're what?" She asks quietly, hoping and praying that she misheard. "Look... I'm sorry but I can't miss this opportunity..." He pulls the younger in for a hug, nuzzling into the crook of her neck. He sniffles, trying to hold back his tears. "But oppa... you can't leave me... you're like an older brother." She cries into his chest. "I know (y/n). I know..." His heart aches at the thought of his friend of many years crying, even worse, because of him. "Wh-when are you leaving?" They pull away from the hug. "Uh... Tomorrow morning." He scratches the bak of his neck. "T-tomorrow! Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" She raises her voice, making him flinch. "I didn't want anything to change because you knew I was going..." He whimpers. "Jeongguk!" His mothers voice calls before she can answer. "Coming mum!" He yells back, before turning to face the crying (y/n). He smiles sadly. "See you soon... Idiot..." He play punches her in the arm, sniffling away tears. "You too... Stupid..." She smiles up at him. They share one more tight hug, before Jeongguk turns and walks toward his mother, not knowing when he'll be able to see his best friend next.