Chapter 1: Unexpected

Btw it starts off ok then goes to shiat so just bare with me plz ;-;

Your POV

"M-my parents a-a-are what?!" I cry, not wanting to believe the person over the phone. "(Y/n), calm down. I know this isn't the news you want to hear, but..." He takes a deep sigh. "I'm sorry. Mr and Mrs (l/n) are dead."

I remember that day so clearly. I was pulled out of 5th period Science when I got that call. And now here I am, packing my belongings away in big cardboard boxes, ready to be moved to who knows where. They said none of my family was picking up their phones... I guess they just didn't want to deal with me. I blink back tears and I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Are you nearly ready, Ms (L/n)?" The lady's soothing voice calms me a bit. I nod quickly, not turning toward her. "I'll be out near the moving truck. I'm sending in some movers to help you take your stuff. Be quick now." She smiles warmly before turning on her 3 inch high heels and walking out the door. I draw in a deep breath, taking in the scents, awakening memories I thought were long lost.

"(Y/n)! Where are you?" Jeongguk's soft voice sings. I giggle as I see the 15 year old idiot with a blindfold on his face tripping over almost everything. "Here Stupid!" The 10 year old me taunts, before jumping across the room silently. He smirks. "I gotcha!" He pounces at nothing, and ends up crashing head first into the wall, sending me into a fit of laughter. "No you don't!"

I pick up a box with a sad smile an head toward the front of the house, various memories playing through my mind. Jeongguk and I wrestling on the couch in the loungeroom. Us making a mess in the kitchen. Pranking our parents... Then being grounded together. Oops? It was fun while it lasted. So many memories in this house. Then I step out the front. The moment when Jeongguk revealed he was leaving happened right here. I was standing in this exact same spot. A wave of emotion hits me, sending me stumbling. I recollect myself, sighing and placing the box in the back of the moving truck. My sleeved hand is pulled up to wipe my tears away and I get in the car, which is parked in front of my moving truck, and ready myself to leave. Then it hits me. "WAIT!" I yell as we get halfway down the street. I jump out of the car and rush back to the house. I open the door and I'm immediately welcomed by my cat... That I nearly just forgot. He meows angrily up at me. "Don't give me that look." I say monotonously, bending down to pick him up. He swats at my hand, growling at me. "Square up hoe." I growl back humorously. He stops growling. "That's what I thought. Now hurry up we're leaving." I turn on my heel, the cat closely following behind me. As we reach the car, I open the door for him, which he responds to with eagerly jumping into the car. "Kookie... You can't sit there." I sigh at the jet black cat. He looks up at me with an annoyed expression, not moving. I resort to actually picking him up and physically moving him. "Okay. We can go now." I smile to the driver, who looks at me in bewilderment. "Well... We don't have all day!" I usher the driver. She nods and puts her foot on the accelerator.
---
"Why are we at an airport?" I ask curiously, slinging my backpack on my shoulder and holding Kookie close to me as I step out of the car. The tall building looms over me and I take in a deep breath. "Hasn't anyone told you where you're staying?" The driver asks, her face showing concern. I shake my head in confusion. "The only person who was willing to look after you lives in..." She flicks through her note pad. "Seoul." She looks up with a smile. "I don't know anyone in Seoul." I state confusedly, stroking Kookie's fur. "Well apparently you do." She sighs with a suddenly annoyed tone, turning and walking toward the terminal. "Rude." I stare bluntly. Kookie hisses at her once she's out of ear shot. "Thanks Kookie, but I can protect myself." I whisper softly. He purrs and nuzzles into me, bringing a warm smile to my face. "Now let's go. I wanna meet the person who actually cares about their family." I say excitedly. In response, Kookie leaps out of my hands and takes a seat on my roller bag. I sigh with a smile. "You lazy little cat." I pull my bag behind me, weaving through the crowd effortlessly. "Flight 219 to Seoul is now boarding. Flight 219 to Seoul, thank you." An obviously tired lady says over the intercom. "That's us Kookie." I smile. He meows in response. I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Take this. I've booked a seat for... That thing aswell." The lady points to my cat with a disgusted expression. "Excuse you Ms. Stick-up-your-ass, but that thing has a name. His name is Kookie, and he was named after a very close friend that went away a few years ago. So if you would kindly apologise to Kookie, that would be great." I smile all to kindly at her shocked face."It's a ca-" "KOOKIE. His name is Kookie. Now apologise before I put a second stick up there and throw you out the window." My previously cookie cutter tone is replaced with a serious one. A few amused stares come from people around us as they stop and listen. She looks at me in disbelief. "Apologise." She takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry Kookie." She smiles at the cat, before reaching down to pat him. Kookie hisses and launches at her. "Ooh!" The lady stumbles to her butt, Kookie sitting on her chest. "You mongrel of a thing!" She swats at him, before Kookie jumps into my arms. "Good boy." I whisper into his ear with a triumphant smile. She gets up and dusts herself off. "I don't regret a thing." She stomps, then walks off with a huff. A small group applauds us with grins on their faces. "Thank you." I bow, before heading off to board my plane. I reach the lady and she scans our tickets. "Good job back there." She giggles. "Thanks." I answer with a smile. "Can I pet... Kookie was it?" She asks. I shrug and nod. She reaches forward and he purrs. "He's such a good cat." She laughs. "Well, he has to be if he wants to live with me." I answer. She shakes her with a smile. "On you go." We find our seats as Kookie curls up on his. I hear soft purrs from Kookie's seat. "Of course you're already asleep." I pull a blanket out of my bag and lay it over him, which he responds to by rolling over. "Wake me up when we get there Kookie." I yawn, stretching and falling asleep.
---
I'm awoken by small paws on my face and purrs right in my ear. I shake my head. "Oh. You actually woke me up. Good cat." I pat his head before unbuckling my seatbelt. Excitement bubbles up inside me as I pull my bag from the overhead storage. I grab a few cat biscuits that I somehow managed through customs and gave them to Kookie. "Let's go." He somehow manages to make himself comfortable on my shoulder. "You're not a parrot Kookie tf you doin?" I ask humorously, grabbing my bag off the conveyer belt. "Well... Last time I checked I was human." A husky voice calls behind me, causing me to stop in my tracks. "Jeongguk?" I ask without turning around, my eyes getting teary. "That's my name, don't wear it out." He chuckles. I turn quickly, embracing him in a hug. I cry tears of joy as I nuzzle into his chest. Kookie (cat) tries to sit on Jeongguk's head as he wraps his arms around me.

Jungkook's POV

I take in her scent and smile into her hair. "I missed you so so much you have no idea." She whimpers. I bite my lip, not wanting her to cry. "Well I'm here now." I respond. We pull away and I feel the cat on my head. "I've missed you too Kookie." I laugh, amazed at how the cat is sitting on my head. I hold out my arms, welcoming him as he jumps into them. "Have you looked after my (Y/n)?" I flip him on his back and pat his stomach. He purrs joyfully. "You're the only cat I know that likes belly rubs." I muse. "Ahem." (Y/n) stands there unamused. "Sorry to disturb your little moment but I'm tired and hungry and had the most uncomfortable sleep on the plane so can we go?" Her (y/n) eyes show a hint of humor. "Uh.. O-ok yep lets d-do that." I turn, realisingt I was just staring into her eyes. That's when I feel her jump onto my back. "Mush peasant!" She points in front of us. I chuckle at her childish ways and make my way to the car. Her breath on my neck slows and I realise she's sleeping. I smile contemptibly, buckling her seat belt, as well as a piece of hair behind her ear. I sigh at the beauty, before driving off to the dorms.
---
Your POV

I wake up to crisp white sheets pulled up to my chin. "Morning sleepy head." Jeongguk yawns next to me. Morni- wait... Where am I?" I ask in a panic. "In the dorms." He says like it's the most obvious thing ever with his head propped up on his elbow. "The-the d-dorms? Like B-Bangtan dorms?" My stomach churns. "What other dorms would I be talking about?" He chuckles huskily. Then what I heard next was the one and only voice of eomma Jin himself singing from the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready~"
_____________________________
Aaayyyyeeee that was the worst thing I've ever written in sorry it'll get better I promise ;-; here's some namjin being parents in the kitchen to cheer you up for now

 "Breakfast is ready~"_____________________________Aaayyyyeeee that was the worst thing I've ever written in sorry it'll get better I promise ;-; here's some namjin being parents in the kitchen to cheer you up for now

K gotta kris