Hope

Chapter Ten

Naruto threw his bag, and entered his apartment, with a frown written on his face. Today yet again, was a difficult day; getting called ugly names by other people everyday is tiring, not only was he hurt physically, but his heart also ached from all this pain. Lucky the Uzumaki had Itachi by his side, at least he cared. His heart just fluttered in joy at the thought of someone else caring. Caring was something beautiful, it meant that you actually loved the person enough, to go and get involved in all their problems, not caring if you get hurt in the process.

The teen sighed, as he flopped onto the couch, he closed his eyes, sighing slightly, once again. The reason Naruto was tired , was because he actually worked two shifts on weekends, and one shift on school days, and since it was Friday, he had to get ready for work.

Just as Naruto was going to get up, a sound of a doorbell echoing through his apartment, could be heard, he raised an eyebrow in curiosity, and walked to the door. The teen, placed his hand on the doorknob slowly opening it. He tried to hold back a gasp, of surprise as he saw the person in-front of him, a tall figure stood there, holding what seemed like grocery bags?

"I-Itachi?" Naruto stuttered, in surprise, feeling his heart beat rise. Itachi stood there for a few seconds and gave him a closed eyed smiled, before looking at the blond.

"Are we going to stand here all day?" Itachi, held back a laugh, at Naruto's reaction.

"S-Sorry! Come in!" Naruto swung the door wider, and Itachi stepped in.

Itachi eyed the blond's apartment, it had nothing more than a couch, and a lamp in the living room, and other decent items in the rest of the small apartment, but everything was so simple. Simple for a teenage boy, most boys had their own room, with a flat screen TV, and all kinds of video games, while Naruto, had nothing more then a couch and a rug.

The Uchiha, walked into Naruto's kitchen, placing all his grocery bags, onto the counter. Naruto again raised an eyebrow in curiosity and glanced at Itachi,

"Um, are those for me?" He asked, pointing to himself. Itachi, smiled and nodded before he answered;

"Ah, yes they are, I was in the market a few moments ago, so I decided to drop off, and get you these groceries,"

Naruto felt his lips being craved into a smile, he never felt so happy before, he even pinched himself twice to make sure he wasn't in some kind of dream, and just for his luck, he wasn't, all of this was real.

"Thank you, Itachi," Naruto smiled genially at Itachi,

Itachi, felt warmth in the Uzumaki's smile, it wasn't a forced smile, no, it was a genuine smile, just as if he was really happy at the moment. 'You should smile more, Naruto' Itachi thought, happiness was a good look on the boy, his smile made his face glow with excitement and beauty. Just what he really needed.

Happiness, is something beautiful.

"Would you like to drink anything?" Naruto asked, heading to the living room, gesturing for Itachi to follow him.

"Water would do," Itachi said, sitting down. Naruto nodded, and brung him a glass of water, handing it to him. He sat beside the Uchiha, with a small smile on his lips.

"So Itachi, what brings you here?" He asked. The Blond really didn't want things to be awkward between them, so he thought asking him why he visited him, would break the thick tension in the air.

"Well, I wanted to check on you, I wanted to see how were you doing," Itachi again smiled at Naruto, which made Naruto's heart beat like crazy. Itachi Uchiha, wanted to check on him? This must be a dream, yes maybe this was a dream, Naruto again pinched his arm, and let out a small 'squeak' while he was at the process . It was just to good to be true.

"Are you okay?' Itachi asked, worriedly at the blonds weird actions.

"I-I'm fine!" Naruto, laughed nervously, rubbing his arm, that he pinched a few moments ago. "It's just that, I'm glad that you thought about me,"

Itachi, ruffled Naruto's hair, causing a faint blush of pink to appear on the whiskered teens cheek.
"Of course, I'd think about you, you're also like my younger brother," The Uchiha said, making Naruto's eyes widen, glowing with hope and happiness at the same time. "Thank you, Itachi," Naruto manged to mutter.

"Naruto, are you going out soon?" Itachi asked, and Naruto nodded.

"Mm, I gotta leave for work in twenty more minutes,"

Itachi mentally sighed, he knew the blond had to work, to eat, but it just pained to think that a seventeen year-old would actually work to live. What did he even do to deserve all of this?

"You work on a Friday?"

"Yeah, I try to juggle my time, for two jobs," Naruto said.

Itachi sighed and leaned back on the couch, with a frown, clearly written on his face. He crossed his hands over his chest, and glanced at Naruto.

"And, how do you do that when you have school?" The Uchiha asked.

"One shift on school days, two shifts on weekends," Naruto shrugged, like it was a normal thing, but Itachi was actually angry and if it wasn't for his practice of hiding his serious emotions he would've popped like a balloon which led to Naruto not knowing that Itachi was like a volcano that was going to interrupt any moment now.

"Is that the reason you've been failing most of your classes then?" Naruto rubbed his arm, and soon nodded.

"Where do you work?" Itachi asked again.

"I'm sorry, I can't tell you,"

Itachi sighed, and looked at Naruto, slowly getting closer to him, their faces only inches apart. Naruto was shocked, he felt his heart beating rapidly, while his face became a color of crimson red. The whiskered teen stared at the onyx orbs, while the Uchiha returned the stare, as a glare. They were exactly like Sasuke's, no difference at all, they were the same pair of eyes, well since they were brothers they genetically were the same.

"Iworkataresturantdownthestreet" Naruto said, extremely fast, from the pressure Itachi was putting him in. The blond hoped the Uchiha would back away, and for his luck, that's what he did.

"You work at restaurant from the down the street?" Itachi said, a bit confused, and Naruto nodded. "How about your second shift?" Naruto shook his head in decline. Man, Naruto was stubborn as hell, Itachi knew he wouldn't get any answers out of him, so he suggested guessing would make things seem easier.

"You work in a cafe," Itachi said, and Naruto looked at Itachi with a face of shock. Naruto had to admit that Itachi was a genius.

"How did you know?" Naruto slightly pouted in disappointment.

"Well, I could recognize that sunshine hair anywhere." Itachi said, leaning back into the couch.

"That's not fair," Naruto mumbled placing his head between his hands for support while Itachi smiled at Naruto's cute actions, laughing a bit.

"What? What's so funny?" Naruto said confused.

"No, no, it's nothing," Itachi said, getting up while ruffling Naruto's bright colored hair once again.

Naruto stuck his tongue out at Itachi. He really knew how to treat the blond right.

"I've got to go now, I might come in a another day," Itachi said making Naruto get up as well, following him to the door.

"I'll be glad, if you did." Naruto smiled. Itachi uttered a 'goodbye' while Naruto waved in return. He closed the door and leaned on the door, slowly sliding down on the floor. The Blond smiled to himself, he's never felt happy in forever, he just loved this feeling. The feeling of happiness. Itachi was soon going to be that source of happiness for him.

~~~~~~~

Itachi decided to walk back home, instead of taking a car back. He felt it more refreshing, plus it's healthier. The onyx eyed male, sighed as the blond crossed his thoughts, he really wanted to help him and he'd do anything to get him out of that depressing aura, so he decided to devote half of his time, helping him, sure he had work and was of course a busy man, but he could mange to change his schedule. And he was doing all this for Naruto's sake.

The Uchiha quickened his pace when he saw their mansion in sight. Of course the Uchiha's lived in a huge mansion it was very huge that you could see it a mile away. Itachi didn't even ask for this, their family was very small, only four members, so why live in a mansion that could fill four families, when they could live in a small and simple house? At least that's what Itachi thought, but it seemed people don't think the same, they went with the saying; 'The bigger the better'.

He entered the mansion and found Sasuke standing by the door, wearing a black jacket and a pair of dark blue jeans, it seemed like he was going to leave somewhere.

"And where are you going?" Itachi asked his brother, in curiosity.

"Out." Was all Sasuke had to say, before passing his older brother, in an attempt to leave.

"Sasuke, keeping secrets from your older brother is rude,"

"Hn, you're acting like you have no secrets at all, big brother." Sasuke left no time for Itachi to respond, and walked out, shutting the door behind him, with a big 'bam'
Itachi just sighed, and headed to his room for some rest. He knew arguing with his brother would give him a headache.

~~~~~~~~~

Naruto arrived at the cafe, after Itachi left the apartment. He didn't want to be scolded for being late, his mood was made out of gold, and he didn't want anyone to ruin it.

While he was busy serving others, a certain raven-head entered the cafe taking a seat. He leaned against his chair and sighed.

The blond kept taking orders, table from table, he was so concentrated on his work that he didn't know Sasuke was the person he was taking his order.

"What can I-" Naruto stood their shocked, a pair of blue eyes widened as they met with the onyx gaze, he couldn't believe who was in-front of him. He gulped and started sweating.

"U-Um anything I can get you?" Naruto asked, holding his pen with a small notepad. Sasuke placed his head on the back of his palm.

"Coffee will do," Naruto nodded and wrote that down, just when about he was going to leave Sasuke asked a question, that sounded a bit stupid judging from Naruto's clothes and him severing other's.

"You work here?" Was the question that Sasuke had asked. Naruto tried his best not to make the 'isn't it obvious' look, and nodded instead.

"So, it's true," Sasuke muttered under his breath.

"What is-" Just about when Naruto was going to ask Sasuke, what he meant, a yell could be heard, as Naruto had been scolded in-front of Sasuke.

"Brat! Quit disturbing the customers and make yourself useful! I'm not paying you to slack off!! Am I?!" The man, which seemed as the manager, yelled at the blond. Naruto apologized and quickly brought Sasuke a hot cup of coffee. "Anything else, sir?" Naruto asked, and Sasuke shook his head in decline.

Sasuke just stared at Naruto for a long period of time, he noticed how he let others push him easily, how he let them take advantage of him. Naruto even seemed like he was working very hard, but Sasuke heard that the cafe doesn't pay that much, so why did he work here? It didn't seem worth it. Did he really need the money that bad? Sasuke sighed and leaned back in his seat, he brushed his slender fingers through his thick dark hair, he found it reliving to do that sometimes.

But why was it his business? Naruto meant nothing to him, other then someone to tutor, he was just a classmate nothing more and nothing less. So if he really thought that about Naruto, why would he care if he worked at a place like this or not? Why would his heart ache when he sees the fake smile the blond puts up everyday? Maybe because it was his fault Naruto was in this state and other that that, he didn't care. At least that's what he thought.

Sasuke drank the rest of his coffee, placed the money on the table and left. Naruto stared at Sasuke leaving, he knew he left, because he was the one who took his order, yet it still pained him, seeing him leave like that. He still had feelings for Sasuke, despite all the hate he was receiving from him and almost everyone else. His feeling were still strong, and he hated himself for that.
~~~~~~~~~
The past days Naruto tried his best at juggling his time in work. He woke up at six am, for his first job, and came back at three pm. His second job started at three thirty pm and ended at ten. Leaving no time for Naruto to rest.

He flopped onto his couch, and closed his eyes in attempt to sleep, he was even to tired to change his clothes. He had to deal with this every week, and that was the main reason he failed most of his classes. But it wasn't in his hands, he was forced to do this, he didn't want to die because of starvation, anything but starvation.

The whiskered teen soon woke up on the couch in the morning, he recalled what happened and got up stretching and yawning. He placed his hand on his back for support, sleeping on the couch last night wasn't a good idea, but he had no strength to walk anymore last night. The blond soon got ready for school, he dressed into his school uniform after he took a shower and brushed his teeth. He swung his bag behind his back and locked his apartment door when he left.

School started the same, everything just like always. Naruto made his way to his seat and sat down their, minding his own business like always. The bell rang and class started, everyone took their seat, waiting for their teacher to arrive, but instead of their teacher a blond woman with low pigtails entered class; the principle. All the students looked at each-other confused. She never visited classes only to announce something important, so what did she have to tell them? Some of the students were even scared of what she had to say.

"Good morning," Tsunade said, with smile, the whole class returned the 'good morning' but in a rather sleepy way. Since it was a Early Monday morning.

"Some of you might be wondering why I'm here,"

"Obviously," One kid said sarcastically. Tsunade shot him a clod glare, making him sink into his seat, regretting talking back. She then cleared her throat.

"Let me just say, I came here announcing that; everyone's going on a field trip," She finished her sentence with a smile, while the students looked at each-other like 'what the fuck?'

"We aren't kids," A kid from the back of the class said. All the students stared at that kid, for having guts to say the truth to her.

"Everyone's been working hard, so I decided to let you guys have some fun, what's the harm in that?" The principle sighed and ordered the woman; Shuzine to hand out permission slips to everyone.

"Now, I want your guardian to sign this slip, and bring it tomorrow,"

Sasuke sighed, this is nonsense, he didn't want girls fighting over him. Besides he found this childish but he had no choice, at least he'd skip a day of tutoring Naruto. Sasuke just found it hard tutoring others. He found it himself unbelievable.

On the other hand Naruto really wanted to go, he finally found an excuse to skip work, but the problem was he didn't have a guardian, he frowned and stared blankly at the slip. Even though when he was sure, no one would even talk to him, and he wouldn't have fun like the rest. He wanted to go, but it seemed like he couldn't which made him slightly sad. Maybe someone would sign the slip and take responsibility, but who was he kidding? Who would take full responsibly for 'his' actions? He sighed placing his head on hand.

"Naruto, snap out of it, " Naruto raised his head to find Tsunade standing in-front of him, he felt so embarrassed for zoning out when she was calling out for him.

"Do you want to go?" She asked him.

"I can't" Was the blonds simple response.

"I didn't ask you whether you could or couldn't , I asked you if you wanted to go,"

"Well, yeah, I'd like to go, but I-"

"Then, I'll sign the slip for you," Naruto stared at her in shock, with eyes widened.

"Y-You'd do that? For me?" He asked surprised, trying not to cry tears of joy in-front of her. She nodded.

"Now give me your slip," Naruto handed his slip to her and she took out a pen and signed her name, on the slip. Naruto admired her handwriting, but he tried clearing his thoughts.

"But why?" Naruto asked, he was hoping an answer from her, but the truth was, she herself didn't know the reason
for doing any of that. Maybe out of pity? Who knows?

She just smiled before exiting the class, leaving everyone dumbfounded.

Naruto felt his heart beat with happiness, first Itachi and know the principle; Tsunade? Maybe things were going to get better? Maybe he was going to be happy for once? Who knew what he had in-stored for tomorrow, destiny awaits.