Chapter 1

"I love you"

She rolled her eyes, heading straight up the grand staircase towards the west wing of the house, her crimson nailed hands gliding across the golden banister. Watching her hips sway from side to side with each step she took, he trailed behind her with the look of  both frustration and lust on his face.

Entering the bedroom she headed straight towards the large walk in wardrobe. Removing each of her garments and placing them back in their designated place. Then pulling one of his shirts from his side of the closet, throwing it on walking into their ensuite bathroom, all without uttering a word.

Watching her he sat on the edge of their super king sized bed, still fully clothed, hands clasped together, eyes dark in deep thought. After a few moments he got up and followed her. Strolling in, his footsteps were almost inaudible across the travertine tiles. He stood behind her as she dried her face, admiring her natural beauty. She gasped, seeing his broad stature behind her in the mirror before rolling her eyes yet again. "Don't do that Aubrey, you fucking scared me" she mumbled before attempting to escape  his presence once more.

He grabbed her wrist before she managed to and finally said something.

"I love you, Aamaya. Isn't that enough for you? Look at everything I give you and you turn the cold shoulder. I promised to give you everything you've ever asked for and I've never fallen short of that promise"
His deep voice sending a tingle down her spine, his hot breath on the back of her neck as he spoke just above a whisper.
"All I ask you for is for time. How many times have I told you I'd give up everything for you. When the time comes. Just give me time."  

He watched her in the mirror.
Her head hung low yet she still shot back with harsh words. "Yeah, and how long is going to fucking take Aubrey? I don't have all the time in the world to sit around and wait for you. To wait for you... or me to get killed"

"You knew how it was gonna be from the jump so don't ever front like you never had a fucking choice. All those times I felt like I didn't deserve you. That you deserved better and you stayed, so don't act like I didn't give you the chance to leave. You obviously stayed for reason?"
"Because I love you!" she screamed back.
"I love you but we can't keep going back and forth like this" tears stained her cheeks. "Everyday there's a chance that you might not even be here anymore. I know. I know this a dangerous game, a dangerous life and I know I came into it when I made a commitment to you. But I want us to be able to leave this life and still be alive, for gods sake!"

"And we will-"

Aamaya spun around, looking him in the eyes. "Don't do that Aubrey. Don't make promises you don't even know if you can keep. There's no guarantees here and you know that.".
He sighed looking down towards the floor. "Aubrey" she said walking towards him, cupping his face in her small hands. She could see the conflict behind his warm, downturned eyes. She kissed his lips softly caressing his bearded face slowly. Wrapping his strong arms around her torso he rested his face in her neck breathing in her scent. Letting go he returned to their bedroom quietly, undressing in swift motions.

Aamaya watched him from afar, his bicep flexing as he removed shirt, throwing it into the laundry basket with precise aim. She didn't know what it was, she could never directly put her finger on one thing that truly made her fall in love with this man. But one thing she didn't know was that she would never be able to fall out of love with him. She knew that none of this was intentional but she missed her life with things were simpler. Now she spends her days dodging bullets and making dangerous deals, who knew this was what life would be for her?

She entered the bedroom, sliding underneath the satin sheets next to Aubrey whom she knew wasn't asleep. As soon as her head hit the pillow his smooth arms snaked around her torso, confirming it.

Aamaya looked out of the bedroom window, lost in her thoughts, it seemed like everything had just gone by so fast...