Chapter 4: "Like a Good Little Pet?"

Head already pounding as she awoke, Sarah was just thankful that it was warm. Wait a minute. A chill ran down her spine as the events of the previous day came rushing right back. Keeping her eyes closed, she assessed her body. There didn't seem to be any pain aside from the pounding behind her eyes from the growing hangover.

With her physical exam out of the way, thoughts of Lisa emerged, panic twisting her insides. She forced her eyes open and despite her sensitivity to all the light that streamed in, searched for any sign of her friend to no avail.

Sitting up, she did her best to study the room. It was large and decorated in a minimalist, industrial style. She'd been tucked into a king-sized bed with linens in varying shades of grey, placed upon a low, metal platform. To one side were two frosted glass doors.

On the other side was a floor-to-ceiling glass wall, with a sliding door that led out onto a large balcony overlooking the snow capped mountains, peaks glistening from the very sunshine that beamed in and illuminated the room. The balcony too was bare, the cement flooring of the room, extending outwards towards the glass and steel railing.

In the corner at the far end of the room, between the hearth and glass wall, was a small seating area, made up of a coffee table and a pair of modern armchairs.

She winced again at all the light, coaxing her body out of the bed. I need to get out of here. She was relieved to find herself still fully clothed, minus her shoes which sat by the end of the bed. Shielding her eyes, she moved over to the two doors she'd spotted earlier.

One opened up to reveal a bathroom decorated in the same style as the rest of the space, the other leading to a large walk in closet, housing hundreds of clothes that screamed of wealth. No exits.

Her pounding head resisted as she moved to exit the dim closet. The sound of the door stilled her steps just shy of the doorway. Her eyes darted about in search of a weapon, grabbing a nearby belt. "Sarah, step out." Her mind only grew more panicked as some of the tension in her body eased in response to his voice. I have no idea what he's capable of. She heard a mechanical sound as the light at her feet began to dim.

She tentatively stepped out into the darkened room, eyes darting to the glass wall. White blinds had slid over it, completely blocking out the sun. She turned back to look at the large man in the center of the room.

He was dressed in a deep red sweater, jeans and dark boots this morning. Despite it all, the fingers of her free hand still itched to feel him. Her gaze darted to the door behind him, the muscles in her legs coiled to sprint. "I'd catch you before your hand touched the knob." Pushing off, she dismissed any doubts as she sprinted as quickly as she could. As he'd predicted, she wasn't even close to making it.

She screamed as his arms snagged her around the waist, effectively tackling her to the floor. He landed under her, twisting them quickly to pin her legs with his. His eyes flickered red as a half smile curved his lips. She fought to get away, cracking the belt she somehow managed to keep a hold of, across his face. He easily ripped it from her grasp.

She refused to back down, clawing at his eyes. His entire demeanor shifted as he used one hand to pin both her arms over her head. He's enjoying this, she finally realised, not being able to do anything but watch him as his predatory gaze raked over skin.

Every part of her system stood on end for many confusing reasons, as he growled, his free, claw tipped hand moving to grasp her by the chin. God, why did that sound excite me? His crimson gaze studied her face before trailing just a touch lower. He began to lean in, watching for any resistance.

She couldn't deny that she was struggling to put up any, inexplicably relaxing further into his touch. He forced her head back with a firm tug on her hair, leaning in close. She winced, wriggling under his hold. "Ah!"