Praefatio (Prologue)

A cry was heard throughout the hospital room where Athena was laying on a bed, disguised as a mortal. One doctor was handing Athena a small child wrapped in a pink blanket. There was more doctors rushing about, some hurrying out the door or coming in.

Athena smiled as she cradled the child in her arms. "I shall name her Skia Angelos."

Skia seemed to like that name, for she giggled.

Athena sighed. "I am going to have to leave you, little one. I am forbidden to raise you myself. I will take you to the best place I can find so you can have a happy childhood. But, I shall watch over you."

Athena manipulated the Mist so that she was allowed to leave. She left, flashing into her normal clothes.

After searching for a few moments, Athena found the best place to send Skia. She flashed there and set the child on the porch in front of the door. She rang the doorbell and became invisible so that she could watch.

A woman around the age of 29 opened the door. She had brown hair pulled into a ponytail and warm brown eyes. She was wearing a gray long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and blue slippers.

The woman looked around until she noticed the small child on the ground.

"Aw! What are you doing out here in the cold? Let's get you warmed up." The woman picked up Skia and went inside, shutting the door behind her.

Athena blessed Skia before flashing away. She was the only child of hers that was born the normal way instead of from the mind. Skia was special.

Athena watched Skia Angelos for the rest of her childhood. Unknown to Athena, Hades and Hecate were doing the same.