Caput Tertium (Chapter Three)

Skia Angelos (Age 12)

I swooped down on Shadow (who was a pegasus) and shot a dozen arrows at once. Each arrow killed a monster.

Shadow and I were flying above an army of monsters. The Hunters of Artemis were heading here in hopes to kill them. I had 3 minutes to kill the army before they got here.

I flipped off of Shadow and landed on my feet, stabbing 2 monsters with my dual daggers. Shadow transformed into a panther and started killing monsters as well.

Soon enough, only a hellhound was left. I quickly shot it with an arrow.

"Stop! Don't move!" I heard behind me.

I spun around to see the Hunters aiming their bows at me.

Shoot. I wasn't quick enough.

"I said don't move!" A hunter growled, tightening her grip on the bowstring. She had spiky black hair with a silver band at the front.

I willed my bow to turn into my bracelet as Shadow came up next to me.

"Hmm.... the Lieutenant of Artemis. What was your name? Ah! Now I remember. Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus." I mused.

"Who are you?" Thalia snarled.

"I am Skia Angelos and this is Shadow, my protector." I replied.

"Your name is 'Shadow Angel'?" A hunter asked.

I frowned. "I've never thought of it like that."

"Who's your godly parent?" Thalia asked.

I paused. "I do not know. I don't even know if my godly parent is my father or my mother. I was adopted by mortals."

Thalia looked at me sympathetically and put away her bow. "Hunters, set up camp. We're staying here for a bit."

The rest of the Hunters went to set up the camp.

"Well, Skia, I wish to ask you something." Thalia said once the rest were gone.

I raised an eyebrow. "And what is that?"

"Would you like to join the Hunt?" She asked.

"I- no. I don't have an interest in boys, yes, but I like to travel and hunt alone with Shadow. I am not very talkative and like to stay in the shadows. I wouldn't fit in. And there's Shadow to think about." I replied.

Thalia nodded. "Then will you at least stay with us so we can get you to Camp Half-Blood?"

I paused. "No. I will go to this Camp Half-Blood when it is time to do so. It isn't time for me to do so yet."

Shadow shifted into a pegasus and I got on.

"Goodbye, Thalia Grace. We shall meet again." I said before flying off on Shadow.