Chapter 3

AN: …You have no idea how much fun this chapter was, for whatever reason. And a new character is added. Enjoy~

-

Chapter 3:

“And, now for you…”

Jensen didn’t like the tone of his voice, and his eyes, they appeared menacing. And when he suddenly approached, he loomed ominously over him. “What do you want?” Jensen asked, his fingers instinctively searching for his katana that was not there.

“I’m going to finish what I failed to do earlier,” Taras said emotionlessly, his face straight and plain, but his eyes were fierce and scary.

Jensen immediately stiffened, his muscles becoming tense, defensive. Was he serious? Finished what he failed to do? He should have known the man had an ulterior motive. They all do!

Well, it wasn’t going to happen without one hell of a struggle!

“…I’m kidding,” Taras suddenly announced as he flapped his hand nonchalantly, his harden features relaxing into a carefree look. “Relax.”

Jensen merely blinked as Taras flopped himself down onto the bed beside him. He also felt somewhat…frazzled. What just happened?

“I’m not going to do anything,” Taras said as he folded his arms behind his head, getting himself comfortable. “Besides, Kagen will kill me if I did anything in his house. You would put up one hell of a fight, which means you'd make one hell of a mess. And I can't clean for shit.”

Jensen wasn’t sure how to respond. This guy…was weird. Really weird. “Well, at least you're honest.”

“Whatever.”

Silence took hold after that, but surprisingly to Jensen, it wasn’t all that uncomfortable. Sure, it should have been, after Taras pulled that act on him that inwardly caused him to shit himself, but his presence wasn’t all that unpleasant.

Maybe Taras wasn’t so bad after all.

“Did you pick up my stuff as well?” Jensen asked over the silence.

“Yes, I picked up your stuff as well,” Taras replied as he flapped his hand carelessly at him again. “I’ve put them…somewhere.”

Jensen snapped his head up and narrowed his eyes. “Where?”

“Hey, relax, I put them somewhere safe,” Taras grinned as he peered up at him through one open eye. “Oh, alright, there in the lounge room. As if I was going to let you anywhere near that katana of yours.”

Well, at least he didn’t leave it on the side of the road like he had first feared. And, he kinda expected Taras to up and leave after a few minutes, after he made sure that Kagen wasn’t on the property. But he was still hanging around.

And now that Jensen could get a proper look at him, he noted that the redhead was indeed rather handsome, and his crimson red hair suited him well. It even matched his blue eyes, despite contrasting. His jawline was square and masculine, yet not overly so. And he had surprisingly thick eyelashes that outline his eyes, making them appear deeper, more mysterious and alluring.

Jensen unintentionally made himself feel frazzled. He couldn’t believe where his thought pattern had suddenly turned and he tried to distract himself.

“You’re terrified of him, aren’t you?” Jensen was just making conversation now. Normally, he preferred silence as he was used to it, but…

“Of Kagen?” Taras queried. “Nah, he’s harmless.”

Jensen didn’t buy that. “You wouldn’t be here if he was harmless.”