Five~ "See, You Want Me, Short Cakes."

Chapter Five~ "See, You Want Me, Short Cakes."

July 10th, 2013- Wednesday

@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@

"He was on top of her, and it looked like they didn't even plan on moving anytime soon!" Vic threw her hands into the air.

I giggle, shaking my head and picking a dress up off the rack standing beside me. This was maybe the four-hundredth time since the party last night. She was telling it to Scarlet, our other best friend, who wasn't able to make it to the party last night. Apparently, she had run off with her latest boy toy for the night and had completely forgotten about the party.

So, Vic had grabbed me from my house this morning at nine. Then she had promptly dragged me to the mall where we met Scarlet in the food-court for breakfast. I'm not a morning person. So, throwing shopping and the morning into the same time period and I officially hate your guts.

But, then Vic offered me a plate of bacon.

I forgave her in three seconds flat.

Scarlet gasps dramatically, "No way!" then she turns to me. "So, the rumor is true? Jack is so hot now that even you would let him make a move on you?!" Vic cracks up laughing as if just the thought of Jackson and I together was hilarious.

Well, it is, but still.

"No, he isn't that hot," I deadpan; Scarlet looks disappointed.

Then she suddenly perks up, "But, you admit that he's hot?" she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I put the dress back on the rack, "I'm not admitting anything that has to do with looks of Jackson of all people," I wrinkle up my nose.

Vic coughs, "You know that Jack hates to be called Jackson, Dani. Just like you hate to be called Danielle. And just like I hate to be called Victoria," she looks disgusted by her own name. She claimed it was too girly and it wasn't tough enough for her badass behavior.

Yeah, right.

Her badass behavior included when she set fire to a pencil in fifth grade. That's where it began and ended.

Vic is basically the exact opposite of anything that is in the slightest badass.

When I pointed this out, Vic promptly glared at me. "Shut up! I am tough!" she exclaimed loudly. That gained us the attention of half the people in the store.

Scarlet giggles, "Come on, girls. If that store clerk glares at us one more time, I'm going to go over there." I laugh at her feeble attempt of trying to sound dangerous, and I led them out of the store to go to the next place. It was a shoe store; I squealed like a little girl getting a Barbie when I saw the huge new display of new pairs of unique high-tops.

Vic winces, "We should have skipped this place," she says. Scarlet agrees, but I'm too caught up in my wonderful high-tops that I could care less.

***

I went home with four bags of high-tops hanging off of my arms. Vic drove off as I bumped open the front door of my house with my hip. The front door tends to swing open with a really good hard hit. It might have something to do with me getting locked out one night. I wasn't really a patient person to wait for my brother to come home with his key, so I started hitting and shoving the door. The lock practically snapped and the door swung open.

Humming to myself, I went straight upstairs to my bedroom. When the door opened, I almost tripped on the pile of clothes I immediately ran into. I cursed, shoving the pile to the side with my foot and venturing farther in. I dropped the bags of eight pairs of high-tops on my bed and then went to my closet to change. Pulling on some dark blue Spandex, a black sports bra, and some black Nike's, I left my room and went downstairs.

"Cole," I whispered, "don't reply if I'm allowed to borrow your car." I waited a few seconds, then grinned and shrugged to myself, "Thanks!" I said, louder.

So, I snatched his keys off of the kitchen counter and left the house again. Unlocking his huge white dodge truck, I slid into the drivers seat and started it up. Seconds later, Cole was hanging out his window and yelling at me until I took off.

Maybe that was a little mean and I should've asked first.

But, if I had asked then he would have never agreed! And, I told Vic I would be able to get to her house for our daily workout.

My brother is an idiot, anyway. He can give up his truck for a couple of hours.

***

When I get to Vic's house, I get out of the truck and lock it behind me. I knock on the front door, praying she would hurry before someone saw me standing there. The door swung open and I rushed inside without glancing at Vic. However, that was a mistake when I turned around and found a shirtless Jackson staring at me from the door.

I felt my mouth water from the sight of his perfect body, and I forced myself to look away. He smirked and got closer to me, making me back up. I kept backing up until my back hit the staircase post and I gasped as it dug into my back.

Jackson's smirk remained as he reached up and tugged on my ponytail. "Well, look who it is."

"J-Jackson, back off," I muttered, trying to sound stronger than I was. I couldn't help it; he was totally hot and he had bullied me for yearsHe officially has some weird, messed up effect on me.

He got even closer if that was possible, "I don't think you want me to back off," he whispered. His lips moved to my ear, brushing it as he whispered again, "In fact, I think you want me to get closer." Then his lips are pressed to my bare collarbone, pressing a kiss there and then pressing one to my racing neck pulse. "See, you want me Short Cakes," he murmured.

I gasped and pushed against his chest, making him back away from me. I glowered at him. "You are such an asshole!" I exclaimed.

He shrugged, obediantly taking a step back and away from me.

Then he holds his hands up in mock surrender, "Hey, Short Cakes, you know you wanted it," he winked.

"Stop calling me that stupid nickname!" I yelled, exasperated.

He roamed his eyes down my legs, that were exceptionally longer, but obviously not long enough for him. Then he bit his lip, and I swear I almost started to drool. Hello Mr. Sexy Lip Biter; I facepalmed at my ridiculous thoughts.

"Did you just hit yourself?" he stared at me.

I swallowed harshly, "Psh, no. What do I look like? A whacko?" I scoff awkwardly.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Shut up. Where's Vic?"

He shrugs. "I guess she's downstairs in the basement. Isn't that where you usually work out?"

"Um, yeah. Right... Thanks..." I turn around to leave.

That is, until he suddenly grabs my bicep.

He spins me around and I crash into his bare chest. My breath leaves me in whoosh, and I'm left staring at Jackson with wide eyes.

His smirk transformed into something else that vaguely resembled... wonder...?

"What?" I mutter, feeiling my cheeks start to heat up.

"If you do ever want that," he rubs his thumb over the collarbone that he had kissed earlier. "You know where to find me, Short Cakes."

I shove him away, reminding myself about all the stupiud things he used to do to me. "Goodbye, Jackson," I glared at him. Then I stomped to the basement door; Jackson let out a whistle and I flicked him off over my shoulder.