part 3: eerie start

The orientation of collage was more boring than I expected.
It was just lectures after lecture about how great collage is, and how collage is not like they show in movies but a lot more serious.
I was just dozing off, when a guy next to me introduced himself " Hi, I'm kamal". Me and my roommate introduced ourselves. " this is so boring .wanna go out? "He asked. We readily agreed.
As we roamed around he said he lived in apartments nearby which were insanly expensive
"Why coudnt you just take an hostel? It's cheaper "I said
"Whoa no way I'm never staying in a hostel. I already had a bad experience."
We were intrigued "tell us more" I asked
"i had stayed in a hostel in high school he started "when I was in eleventh grade"he started "a guy in my hostel had died. His room was locked and nobody tried to open it.
However, in the next room they could hear sounds of someone bathing and Turing of pages.
One day at 12 o'clock the next room guy swore that he heard the faintest music playing happy birthday.
Later we found out from one of the dead guy's friends that it was his birthday.I stayed in the same floor.
Sometimes when walking in the corridors in the night I would feel somebody standing behind me. When I turn around there would be no one. The whole experience took a toll on my mental state. Which is why I dread hostels"
Me and harini looked at each other.
"I don't really believe in ghosts" I said " I mean I love horror movies and all but ghosts?no". "Me neither "harini said" but this story did scare me a little"
As I left dwelling on the story to hostel, with no idea that I was going to have a much more scary and dreadful story to tell in a few months.