Chapter 4

Clarke groaned in frustration and felt the need to punch something. Living in Polis's skyscraper has been incredible. Until now. Ophelia was now just a little over 4 years old and she was unstoppable. While her facial expressions were most definitely a similarity to Clarke, her attitude was absolutely Lexa. "Indra," she yelled out.

"Yes, wanheda?" Indra asked, narrowing her eyes. She was not here to play games.

Clarke gulped. Indra has still terrified her and the nickname stuck and she couldn't get rid off it. It no longer bothered her but it was still filled with unpleasant memories. "Have you seen Ophelia? Or Lexa?"

Indra blinked but didn't remove her intense gaze. "No, I have not."

And Clarke knew she was lying. "Where are they? Indra, tell me!" she ordered. "Look, I know you have to listen to the commander and obey her orders but I have been searching for them for over an hour and this damn tower has more rooms than we had people on the Ark. Just at least tell me which floor."

"They are not inside," is all Indra offered.

And Clarke suddenly knew exactly where they were. She found Lexa in the backyard with a wooden sword in her hand and Ophelia in a matching stance with her own wooden sword. Clarke knew that Ophelia would know how to fight, that she would start training early. She just didn't know it would happen this early. 

"Lexa!" she yelled.

Lexa's eyes widened and she quickly dropped the toy. "Yes, Clarke?" she asked sweetly.

"You promised," Clarke hissed. She saw Ophelia leap forward with her sword. "Ophelia, no!"

"Ophelia yes," the little girl screeched, poking Lexa in the stomach who fell dramatically onto her knees. "Yu gonplei ste odon," the girl murmured before patting her mom on the cheek. "I won," she said excitedly.

Lexa lifted Ophelia in her arms, throwing her slightly in the air to make her giggle and squeal. "You did," she said proudly. "Soon you will be a strong warrior and we can take you hunting with us for the first time."

Ophelia turned to Clarke. "Can we mommy?" she asked.

Clarke hated the way those blue eyes sparkled with excitement. "Maybe," she offered. "Now it's bath time. You're covered in mud." She watched Ophelia ran off before turning to Lexa.

Lexa knew she was in trouble. "I apologize, love. She was just so excited to train again. And she is getting much better. I dare to say even better than I was at her age."

"That may be true," Clarke murmured, "but next time at least tell me. I was so worried when I couldn't find her anywhere and you know how she gets. Chasing other kids and stealing from the market. She's handful."

Lexa grinned. "She is strong," she said. 

"Thank god Jax is not that much work," Clarke joked. Their son, 6 months old, was already calmer than Ophelia. At his age she was constantly crying for attention and never settled on a toy for longer than a few minutes. Jax was more patient, more observing. 

"He will be soon," Lexa joked.

"Heda," Indra called out, walking closer and holding Ophelia in front of her. "She was yelling at the guards to fight her," she explained and passed her to Lexa.

Lexa tried not to smirk or look proud but failed. Clarke however was not pleased so she quickly cleared her throat. "Thank you Indra. I will take care of this." She placed Ophelia on the ground, the little girl was wearing clothes that were the exact replica of hers, even had a small wooden sword hanging by her side. "Ophelia," she said and knelt down in front of her so they were the same height. "You can not fight with everyone," she said.