I would still be there

So let's start this of with an A/N.

Since I had no idea what to write I just looked into my qoute book (a notebook of mine where I collect memorbale qoutes) and the one that gave me an idea for this fic was from my favourite Firefly character Simon Tam:

"I would still be there"

So I'm not going to use the sentence in the way it's used in Firefly but you will see.

Have fun with my first Royai Story :*

-

Sometimes Roy felt incredibly guilty. He got a lot of things to feel that way for, his actions in Ishval being the greatest of them, but the one that hurt him the most was that he pulled Riza into all of this.

It was no secret that he inspired her to join the military and even though it seemed that she didn't regret it, he still got the feeling from time to time that she would be better of back at her peacefull homevillage.

He never mentonied these thoughts to her though. She would probably have called him an idiot and pointed out how very dead he would be without her.

But ever since these bastards tried to use her to make him preform a human transmutation and she was heavily wounded in the process he couldn't stop thinking of what danger he put her in.

Of course it was her own free decision  to follow him but she had been forced to make this decision because of his actions.

All this thoughts pained Roy while he sat in the hospital because of his lost eyesight. And while he sat there a new realisation came to his mind that made things even worse.

One night as he sat on his bed, being all gloomy about being blind, and thought about all the things he could never see again.

And between all this thoughts off his favourite books and beautiful landscapes one thing came to his mind again and again and again. Her face. Riza's face.

And by that time Roy Mustang finally realized that he loved Riza Hawkeye.

A very beautiful thought on it's own, but given the circumstances a quite painful too.

When Roy regained his eyesight and saw her face again it made him the happiest man alive. So happy in fact, that he asked her  to marry him not long after.

-

Of course I said yes.

I mean, I had been in love with him for so long without ever telling him. I just couldn't, I was his bodyguard, not his lover or something. But when he asked me to marry him I couldn't be happier.

But I noticed that ever since he lost his eyesight something was strange about him. Even when he regained it.

I believed it to be my own fault. If I wouldn't have been too weak to protect him, he would have never been injured in that horrible way.

So one night, when we laid in bed, I apologized to him.

"Roy", I said "I'm sorry"

I felt him move. I could practically see the confused look on his face even though it was all dark in the room.

"What the hell are you sorry for, Riza ?!"

I pressed my lips together. "For not protecting you. If I would have been stronger you wouldn't have lost your eye..."

"You are sorry for that ?!", he interuppted me. "Dammit Riza, you were injured. Badly ! If one of us should be sorry then me ! I   pulled you into this whole thing. I..."

Now it was my turn to interupt him. "Do I need to remind you that I swore to follow you into the pits of hell by my own free will ?! You didn't pull me into anything, Roy. And even if you did it was only good for me !"

"Riza, listen to me, if it weren't for me you could have a peaceful life at the village and.  .."

I sat up and looked down at him. "No. You listen to me Roy Mustang. I wanted to get out of there. And even though Ishval was hell it was the best decison I ever made. If it weren't for you I would still be there in that little boring village, regretting that I never left and not here, with you. This right here is the only place I ever wanted to be, so don't you dare feel bad about it."

A moment of silence from which I supposed was surprise followed. Then he laughed and pulled me down into his arms.

"Then I'm very happy to have you here."