Out Of Control

My head was spinning and the whole place stunk of sweat. Music pumped through the walls and through my veins, getting louder and louder. There were people everywhere, some of whom I didn't even recognise. Nearly everyone was drunk, and me? Well I was drunk out of my mind. I was dancing like just didn't care. I threw my hands in the air, raising my drink above my head. I screamed out the lyrics along with the crowd to the music of my favourite song

"SO RAISE YOUR GLASS IF YOUR ALL WRONG IN ALL THE RIGHT WAYS

ALL MY UNDERDOGS

WE WILL NEVER BE, NEVER BE ANYTHING BUT LOUD,

AND "NITTY-GRITTY"

DIRTY LITTLE FREAKS

WON'T YOU COME AND COME AND

RAISE YOUR GLASS"

I grabbed the shirt of the guy closest to me and pulled him closer. He took one look at me and flashed me a dazzling, sexy grin. He was built, with dark brown hair that was spiked up a bit. He looked a few years older than me and had stubble. But he had the most incredible jaw line ever! He put his hands on my hips and we both moved in time to the music, grinding our bodies together. I couldn't tell you what time it was, but it was late. I couldn't even tell you where I was nor who I was. I just didn't know anymore. In fact, I just didn't care anymore.

I wanted to feel nothing, yet I wanted to feel alive. I sneaked my hand up the guy's shirt and soon my lips found his. They were dry and tasted of alcohol and cigarettes, but yet we kissed with a passionate force. His hands were sneaking their way up my back towards my bra, his hands were warm against my skin. If you asked me what his name was, I wouldn't have been able to tell you, but I didn't give a shit. He was hot. People were bumping into us, it was so packed and everyone was dancing and  drinking and smoking. The air was foggy (I think some people might have even been doing drugs but it was a party and I didn't care).

Suddenly, the pumping music stopped along with the flashing lights. My eyes were blinded as a light came on. It was like staring right into the sun. The silence was deafening as some woman in an uptight suit with black stilettos came marching to the centre of the room. Some of the boys actually wolf whistled. She looked angry, so angry that she could explode. I felt a sudden feeling of dread as I realised who that woman was....my mother.

Her eyes were blazing as she yelled in that annoyingly authoritative voice " EVERYONE YOU HAVE PRECISELY ONE MINUTE TO ESCORT YOURSELVES OFF MY PREMISES IMMEDIATELY. ANYONE WHO IS STILL HERE WILL BE TAKEN BY THE POLICE FOR TRESPASSING, AS WELL AS UNDERAGE DRINKING AND POSSIBLY DRUG USE. AOIBHEANN O'HARA, MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN TO ME IMMEDIATELY. YOU ALL HAVE ONE MINUTE!"

The guy I had just been snogging a few seconds ago, tugged at my arm to get me out. He obviously didn't know that I was Aoibheann O'Hara. I followed him as I didn't want to face the angry wrath of my mother.

I felt a sharp tug at my elbow and I was swivelled around to face the fuming woman in front of me : my mother.

Fear gripped my insides as well as the humiliation. The hot guy gave me a quizzical look but then shook his head and left with the rest of the crowd.

Everyone was staring at me as they left, I could almost hear them thinking, "Oh my God, that's her. She couldn't even throw a party without it being crashed by her mom. What a saddo!"

Great, bloody brilliant in fact.

I was now going to be the talk and laughing stock of the entire school on Monday.

She held a firm grip on me until everyone left. She was shaking with rage as she shouted at me.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU DONE?! YOU THREW A PARTY INVITING HALF THE PEOPLE IN NEW YORK!! ITS A GOOD JOB MY CO-WORKER'S DAUGHTER SNEAKED OFF HERE AND HER BABYSITTER FOUND OUT OR ELSE GOODNESS KNOWS WHAT ELSE MAY HAVE HAPPENED!"

I was fuming!! She crashed my party. And it's not as thought she even gives a damn about me anyway. She's never at home. All she cares about is her stupid work!

So I shouted back, "MUM, WHY EVEN PRETEND LIKE YOU GIVE A SHIT! YOUR NEVER HOME AND WHEN YOU ARE, ALL YOU DO IS WORK IN YOUR STUDY! YOU NEVER SPEND TIME WITH ME ANYMORE EVER SINCE WE MOVED HERE AND YOU DIVORCED DAD! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE!!!"

That last remark seemed to have got her. She looked even more angry if that's possible but yet there were tears in her eyes when she said, "Your right, Aoibheann. I don't know who you've become. You've gone way too far this time. Take a look at yourself, and where you are now. Your drunk, your dressed like a slut in those hot pants and see-through crop top. The house stinks of alcohol, smoke and drugs. You invited goodness knows who into this home, and the place is a mess! Goodness knows what you were doing, but I have a fair idea by judging at the look of this place and the look of you!"

Those comments  stung but the anger flared up more in me. She couldn't judge me! She didn't even fecking know me anymore! Maybe if she spent a little bit of her time to have a decent conversation and make an effort to spend time with me rather than being cooped up in her office 24 hours a day, and then just handing me her credit card to go and buy clothes as a way of making it up to me, we wouldn't be in this situation now!

My mum was looking at me expectantly as though waiting for me to shout back at her, which I normally would have.

I felt dizzy and tired. And sick. I knew what was coming but I couldn't help it.

Vomit poured out of my mouth and all down my top, indulging me with the putrid smell and horrid taste in my mouth. Yup...that would be the alcohol...

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and I looked up into my mum's pitying eyes, yet they still hadn't lost their angry flame.

"I hate to break it to you, but that's what happens when you poison your body with harmful toxins. Why don't you go upstairs and take a shower to clean yourself up, then head to bed. You'll have a nasty hangover tomorrow, but I can't say it won't be your fault. I'll call Ren to clean this mess up and give her an increase in her wages for it, and tomorrow morning we're having a discussion at 10 a.m so I expect you to be up and ready for then," she said firmly yet in a softer tone the one she had been using.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey guys! So this is my first ever story and first chapter of Home Sweet Home! I hope you guys like it. I only joined up today, so I'm still getting used to everything!

Any feedback etc. would be appreciated :] !