Maybe We'll Meet Again

Why, why, why, why, why. Is all that you could think. You could feel the guilt settling in. You're out after curfew, and with your luck, you know you'll be caught.

You were so busy rushing back to your dorm, your bag slapping your side. You were almost to the dorms, maybe you wouldn't get caught. Campus was really dim, with only having street lights on corners, and not along all of the sidewalks and streets. Usually, this isn't a problem for you, you're never up early enough or out late enough to be bothered by this. But, because of the lack of light, it was really hard to see the object sitting on the ground in the dark of night, and as soon as before you knew it, you were tumbling to the ground, right on top of a stranger.

"Wow, watch where you step, dude!" A voice said, not yelling, but not whispering either.

You heard clanking as he stood up and brushed himself off. The contents of his bookbag had spilled all over the ground. You scrambled to pick them up. "Sorry, sorry, I'm really sorry," You panicked.

"It's alright, just be more careful next time. Is there any particular reason you're in a rush?" The stranger asked, the stranger who you noticed had fading red hair and a big smile.

"N-no, not particularly. Just don't want to be caught after curfew is all. Why're you out here?" You stuttered out, staring at the guy.

"I needed a break, needed to relax," The guy motioned to the now-scattered contents of his bag. "You do realize no one cares about curfew after the first few weeks, right? They don't check on dorms on it's a weekend." He continued.

You weren't in the mood for a conversation with a stranger in the middle of the night, and especially not a stranger whom you literally just ran into. And besides, this guy was totally lying, you were totally going to get busted for this. That couldn't happen to you. Your knees started to wobble and your hands started to shake. This always happened before you would break down, and before you knew it, you were crashing to the ground again, this time, all alone. The stranger, who still hadn't given you a name crouched down, "Wow I guess you could say that you're really falling for me," He laughed.

You scowled. The stranger offered you a hand, "I can take you back to your dorm, if that's alright with you," The guy said.

"You really don't have to. It's late, don't you need to sleep?" You asked, giving a quizzical look.

"Sleep is for the weak, but seriously, I'll walk you back to your dorm, alright? What's your number?" The man asked, offering you a hand.

"526, and thank you, but you don't have to," You took his hand and brushed yourself off, again. There was no way a complete stranger was going to walk you back to his dorm. Not at all.

It was then that you realized who he was speaking to. That was Josh Dun. The Josh Dun. The guy who everyone knew, and everyone wanted to be known by. And here he was, offering to help a nobody like you. What a fortunate turn of events. Your epiphany was cut short when Josh spoke, "Hey, please? It's the least I can do. Oh, by the way, I'm Josh, Josh Dun."

"Oh, alright. I'm (Y/N)." You responded, you mustered up what you hoped was a smile as you pretended not to know exactly who Josh was.

Josh walked you back to your dorm, you made small talk about the dumb things you'd both seen within your first weeks, and soon got on the topic of music.

"You know, (Y/N), if you like that kind of music, you should really check out my band, twenty one pilots. We play at the halftime show of the basketball game tomorrow night." Josh said, giving a sly smile.

You couldn't help but smile, seeing his eyes go all squinty made your stomach do backflips. "Of course I'll be there," You said, winking.

He laughed as you walked up to your door.

"Wait, (Y/N), here," He said, grabbing what you assumed to be an old receipt and writing barely-legible numbers on them. "Just in case you get lost on your way to the venue," He said, with a wink and a wave goodbye.

Maybe I should go out after curfew more often, you thought to yourself, as you locked your door and went to bed that night.