Chapter One

Harry's POV

I missed him so much. He was all that went through my mind these past few days. I wasn’t trying to shut myself out from the world; I just didn’t feel the need to do anything. Zayn, my everything, was gone forever, and I couldn’t do a thing about it.

None of the other lads had come over in these past two days, I doubt they had done anything either, considering how devastated they had looked when they saw Zayn’s lifeless body.

*Flashback*

“Zayn, babe, you home?” I yelled out in Zayn and I’s surprisingly quiet flat. Zayn would have usually come running down the stairs right as I came home.

“Zayn?” I called again, starting to get slightly worried by the silence. The atmosphere in here just didn’t feel right. Something felt… wrong.

I walked up the stairs and checked the hall way. I looked in the bathroom and then in our room. ‘He probably went out somewhere.’ I thought to myself, trying not to get too worried. I sat down on our bed and I saw light coming from underneath the bathroom door.

I quickly got off of the bed and walked towards the bathroom. I was really scared of what Zayn was doing. He hadn’t cut for six months, and I had enough trust in him to believe that he hadn’t started up again.

I slowly opened the bathroom door, and I never expected what I saw. Zayn was lying unconscious on the floor, holding a mostly empty bottle of pills. I ran over to him and checked his pulse. He didn’t have one.

I immediately called 911 with tears already streaming down my face. Someone picked up the phone almost instantly.

“Hello?” I heard a deep voice from the other end of the phone say.

“Well my boyfriend is unconscious and doesn’t have a pulse and he’s holding a bottle of pills.” I said very calmly before I started sobbing again.

“We’ll be right over.” I heard the guy on the other end of the phone say, followed by a click meaning the call had ended.

I decided to call Louis next. I dialed his number with my shaky hands and he picked up three rings later.

“Hi Harry.” Louis said cheerfully through the phone.

“Come over. Zayn.” I managed to choke out between sobs. I could barely hear Louis over my own wailing, but I thought I heard an ‘I’ll bring the other boys too.’ I hoped that’s what he said, because I thought they should see this and I couldn’t even say any clear words right now, let alone call two other people.

I just clung to Zayn’s lifeless body, kissing him gently on the lips to try to make him wake up. A few minutes later, I heard the bathroom door open and I saw Louis, Niall, and Liam walk in and stare at Zayn before bursting into tears.  Louis came over next to me and tightly hugged me, sobbing into my shoulder.

“Louis, he doesn’t have a pulse, I called 911.” I told him, the only audible words I had spoken in the past five minutes.

Right then, the paramedics came into the bathroom and took Zayn away on a stretcher.

“Zayn, Zayn, NO, DON’T DO THIS TO ME!” I yelled out in anger as they took Zayn away. I tried to lash out at the paramedics, but I felt someone’s arms wrap around me and hold me back. I soon recognized the cologne as Liam’s, and I just melted, a sobbing mess, into Liam’s arms.