Chapter Two

Harry's POV

I was standing on the edge of a cliff. I had driven here for a reason I couldn't understand. The mood here seemed gloomy, the evening sky had a dark colored tint to it, and it looked like this place hadn't seen any happiness in years.

All of a sudden, I heard a car drive up behind me and park close to mine. Zayn walked out of the car, his face in his hands and his shoulders shaking. I heard a sob escape his mouth and I realized that he was crying.

I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him. He didn't return the embrace as he usually would,, he just kept walking towards the edge of the cliff.

Why would he be going to the edge of the cliff? He wasn't going to jump was he?

"Zayn, Zayn, please don't do this." I yelled after him, causing him to pause a few feet in front of the cliff. I ran over to him and tried to hold him in place so he couldn't get any closer to the cliff's edge.

Zayn suddenly cupped my face and passionately kissed my lips. I kissed him back, his lips still wet from all the tears he had shed. He pulled back and stared at me with teary, sorrowful eyes.

"I'm sorry, I just can't do this anymore." Zayn said softly, before slipping out of my arms and walking closer to the steep drop in front of him.

I tried to stop him, but I felt if I touched him, it would probably cause him to tip over the edge.

"I love you." Zayn said with a smile on his face before he let himself fall backwards onto the sharp rocks below him. I saw his body falling quickly, before he hit the rocks, his body disappearing and leaving the water slightly tinted red.

"Zayn..." I sobbed out in pain, as I had just lost my boyfriend right in front of my eyes.

I woke up screaming out Zayn's name, expecting him to be right beside me and comforting me, saying that it was just a dream. I saw the untouched pillow beside me, which just made me sob harder, remembering that Zayn really was dead.

I felt my wrists itch, the familiar urge coming back to me. Zayn wasn't there to stop me, so I grabbed the knife I kept in the drawer of my bedside table and ran into the bathroom down the hall. I slammed the door shut, and once the door was closed, I just fell onto the floor, sobs shaking my whole body.

"Why, Zayn, Why?" I yelled out, figuring the house was empty now that Zayn was gone. I put the knife up to my wrists, about to press down when I heard the door open.

I suddenly remembered that Niall had stayed the night. He ran over to me and took the knife out of my trembling hands.

"NO, GIVE IT BACK!" I yelled, needing the relief that cutting brought me.

"No, Harry." Niall said sternly, and suddenly I didn't care that my knife was gone. Niall sat down next to me and I noticed that there were tears in his eyes.

"Since when have you cut?" Niall said softly.

"It was only once, the hate got to be too much. But h-he." I said, choking on my own words. "He stopped me from continuing. We held each other together, but now he's gone." I said before sobs rocked my whole body again.

I expected Niall to wrap his arms around me, but instead he just sat next to me, his shoulders shaking.

"Th-this is just too m-much." Niall sobbed out before running out of the bathroom. Niall always had been sensitive, and I feel kind of bad for him finding out about my cutting this way. I was pretty sure I heard the front door slam and Niall's car driving away.