Three

Jennifer's POV

"Jillian, What are you doing here?" I said as she smiles to me and gave me a kiss.

"Sorry to surprise you, I was just shopping at the mall near here and I decided to just came by and see you. I'm sorry are you busy?" She asked

That automatic guilt i'm feeling everytime I see Jillian smiles at me genuinely.

"No, it's fine. It's good to see you.."

"I always imagined of having my own firm too, This is really nice.."

"Well, you can still have your own firm, I mean you were at the top of our class in law school. You can still continue being a lawyer."

She gave a closed smile.

"That's not gonna happen, Harry won't even allow me. I asked him many times about me trying to build my own law firm or joining him in his law firm, but it just causes us disagreement."

Harry never told me about Jillian wanting to be a lawyer again.

"Really? Why not?"

"Well, he wants to be the only one working I guess., You know my father, I think Harry wants to prove something to him.. But it's all fine. I love being a house wife. And me not working makes our family intact.. I'm making sure that we will never be broken.." Jillian said smiling to me.

And it's probably the first time, I saw her smile at me differently, It made my heart beats for a moment. But I know it's impossoble for Jillian to know about me and Harry.. Just impossible.

"Right.. You're a very good wife and mother Jillian." I said

"Thank you, and because of that, I want to invite you for dinner in our house, don't worry about Harry, he usually goes home super late every night, sometimes in the morning. he's super busy.. Maybe we can have a little girl bonding, and some catching up. besides Candice misses you."

Ugh. I want to say no..

"Oh, that's really sweet.. But,-"

"C'mon Jennifer, Please?"

Oh fuck, How can I even say no to her? I feel so guilty about everything and it's already killing me inside.

I took a deep breath and tried to smile at her.

"I'll... Okay.. But I need to be home before 10."

"What are you? A teenager who has curfew? C'mon.. We need some catching ups to do.."

"I want to, but I have tons of work to do.." I smiled at her.

"Okay then. I'll see you. Maybe at 6? I have to go now so I can get ready for you.." Jillian said as she kissed me in the cheek.

Why does she need to be so nice? If only she's a bitch. This won't be so hard for me..

It's already 6 pm so I decided to go to Jillian. I can't remember when was the last time I came here, I don't even wanna have thoughts about how Harry is with Jillian, If they're sweet, or if Jillian prepares breakfast and dinner for Harry, If she waits for him everytime Harry comes home from work, or from my apartment.. those thoughts are seriously killling me.

"Jennifer! you're here. You came, I was just preparing our dinner.. come in." She said as I came in and the first thing I saw was their family portrait. Oh nice.

"Aunt Jennifer!!" I heard a voice and saw Candice my god daughter, comes towards me.

"Candice, You look so big now. How are you?"