Chapter 23

"The hardest part of loving someone is knowing when to let go, and knowing when to say goodbye." - Author Unknown

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•••
Jenna's POV
•••

It's been nearly a month since I left Harry in LA. When I flew back to the Sacramento airport I was greeted by my whole family. As nice as it was to see everyone, it kinda sucked for them to see me like that. I had a puffy face and bloodshot eyes, not to mention I was in sweats and a tanktop in 110 degree weather. All of my family had made plans to go to dinner to celebrate my arrival, but I really wasn't in the mood. When Nate stepped out of the crowd and offered to take me home so I didn't ruin my family's plans, I remembered how much I missed him. Seeing his big hazel eyes that mirrored mine was just the best thing I'd seen all day. I hadn't expected him to be there considering what happened before I left.

I didn't leave my room for the first week. I kept my phone off, and stayed in bed sleeping, eating, and crying. Netflix was my bestfriend. It wasn't until Nate showed up and walked into my room that I realized how ridiculous I probably looked. My final summer before college and I was wasting it by crying over a boy. Granted, he was the best boy I had ever known, but I had to move on. He didn't love me, and I was only hurting myself by still trying.

When Nate showed up he convinced me to shower, and I finally turned my phone on. I had hundreds of messages from everyone wondering what had happened. Apparently it was all over the news that Harry and I split. Countless rumors were made up saying he cheated, I cheated, I died, I was kidnapped, the boys didn't like me and Harry picked them over me...the lies became more and more outlandish. Even the true statements about him cheating were pushed too far saying he had an affair with countless girls, one of them being Evie. The thought made me cringe, and I was glad that one wasn't true. Of all the texts I had, the ones from the boys stood out the most.

From: Leeyum
Just heard from Harry. I'm sorry it had to end that way, but pleeease know that us lads are still here for you. Love you, Jenski.

His nickname for me always made me laugh, but when I read it this time the tears began to fall.

From: Niallster
Hey, pal! Sorry t hear ya went home! Didn't even get a goodbye! But I know I'll be seein ya. Be sure t call whenever you need a good cheerin up. Hahah Love ya, bebs.

Leave it to Niall to have the cheeriest text, right?

From: Lou
Hey, Jen. You probably won't answer this, but just know we all love you very much. What Harry did was an asshole move, but he didn't tell you the whole story. Just keep an open mind will ya? Don't cry too much. We all know how sensitive our little ladybug can be. Ha! Anyway...keep in touch. -Louis Xx

What did he mean Harry didn't tell me the whole story...I tried to push the thought from my mind as I read my last text.

From: My Boo<3
Jenna...I know alot of weird things have happened to us these last few weeks, but I hate the fact that the last we saw of each other was when you pulled Harry off of me. Not just cause I was losing haha. I want you to know, I understand how you feel about me. I'm gradually letting go especially since I see how much you love Harry. Just please don't let whatever has happened between the two of you get in the way of your other friendships. I can't lose my sister. Call when you get the chance, the boys and I miss you. Stay strong, Boo. x Zayn

All of their texts brought me to tears, but in the best way possible. The only thing that upset me was that I didn't have any messages from the most important person...Harry.

Since the day that Nate came and took me from my cocoon, I've actually gotten back into the habit of being around friends. I spend all day, and all night with people. Whether it's getting froyo, going to the mall, or swimming til the wee hours of the morning...I'm always busy. It's nice to have people there for me, but at the same time I really need a day off. I can't go go go. I need like a rest day where I just stay in bed.

"What do you wanna do today?" My friend Kristen said as Nate and I climbed into her truck.

"Um...how about we just go hang at the park? I need a calm day."

"Sounds good. You down?" She said asking Nate, and he nodded.

We pulled up to the park around the corner from my house and I made my way to the swings. Call me childish, but swings always make me happy. The way my hair flows behind me, the faint squeak as I rock back and forth, the sensation I get as I close my eyes and lean back...I love it.

"So have you seen the new video?" Kristen asked.

"What video?" Nate and I said almost in sync.

"The one for One Directions new song."

"Best Song ever?! That came out?! Oh my gosh. I may have been in my room longer than I thought...."

"What's it about?" Nate asked.

"The boys all have their own character, and then their normal selves. It's like a 6 minute long video about their movie. It's so funny though." I say.

"So you've seen it?" Kristen asked.

"No I was there when they filmed it. It was hilarious. Harry talked like Marcel all day." I laughed at the ground as I kicked the bark beneath my swing. Saying his name out loud for the first time in a month was easier than I thought...but I couldn't do it again. I felt like my throat closed off completely.

"Are we able to talk about Harry?! Finally! I have so many questions!" Kristen jumped up and down.

"N-no. It slipped...I didn't-"

"Just shut up about them, Kristen." Nate snapped.

"No it's fine. It was my fault." I tried to defend her.

Just as the silence grew awkward, I heard my phone ring. I lifted my purse from the bark at the end of the swing set and felt for my phone.

When I saw the face on my screen, my stomach fell. I drew together all the courage I had left and slid my phone over the glass, despite Nates pleas.

"Zayn?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Authors Note:

DOUBLE UPDATE SAY WHAAT.
If this gets as good a response as the last chapter I'll do a triple update. Otherwise I'll probably just post it in the morning. Thanks for readin!

COMMENT YO BUTTS OFFFFF