Chapter Thirteen

"It's cold," Morgan complained, bringing the moth-eaten blanket closer to her body. "Why'd you guys have to drag me into this?!"

Kling, who was laying on the top bunk, eyes staring at the ceiling, had to buy back a snarl of disgust. Instead, she said,

"This is what you get when you attack a news station. Prison. For a long, long, long time."

"It won't be that long," Pinoe shrugged. She was sitting on the lower bunk, watching a spider try to climb the wall for the umpteenth time. The little arachnid just kept falling over into the small pool of water that sloshed around the cell's floor.

"Are you kidding me?!" Morgan nearly yelled. "You fucking KICKED A SECURITY GUARD IN HIS PENIS!! WE HAVE CHARGES AGAINST US!!! HOW LONG DO YOU THINK WE'LL FUCKING BE IN HERE?!?!?!"

"Its not like Alex doesn't know we're here," Kling offered lamely.

"ALEX KNOWS?! HOW ABOUT THE WORLD?!?! THAT VIDEO'S PROBABLY GONE VIRAL BY NOW!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!"

"What's wrong with me?" Pinoe's eyes darkened in anger. "What's wrong with me, what's wrong with you?! We're a team here, Morgan! Win together, lose together, we agreed to this!!"

"I DIDN'T AGREE ON GOING TO JAIL!"

"OH YEAH?! WELL, THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!!"

The continued bickering until Kling slammed her fist against the metal bars across the wall.

"ENOUGH!!" she yelled. "I'm tired of you guys arguing!! Morgan, Pinoe's right: we're a team, and teams stick together. Pinoe, for once, would you shut your mouth for gods sake, and look where you are? We. Are. In. A. Prison! Because of you! Morgan, if you didn't want to do this, you shouldn't have come. Both of you need to accept responsibilities for your own selves! And while you're at it, think of what we'll tell Jill!"

Morgan and Pinoe hung their heads, obviously ashamed, but Kling continued her rant.

"Jill will be furious! Not to mention, the press will be all over us! It won't matter if we're a great team or not! This is something that the press will stamp on our names and our teammates names forever!"

Kling paused, an angry glint in her eye.

"We will accept this as our own," she said in a low voice. "The team will not get involved. This was our fault, and we'll fix it. Alone."

----------------------------------------------

Julie held Christen's hand as she writhed in pain.

"Julie, make it stop, please," Christen whimpered as a sharp pain shot up her spine. "Julie, please!"

Julie looked at the doctors desperately. They wore the same serious, stone expression.

"They're doing everything they can, baby," Julie whispered, her voice cracking. "Just hang in there."

Christen let out a scream; the pain was burning, shooting through her body at an unbearable rate.

"MAKE IT STOP!!!"

"Doctors, please," Julie turned to them and begged. "Do something, please."