Untitled

Disclaimer: I do not own Vocaloids, nor do I own you... Wait, that sounds weird.

You were walking down the streets, holding a balloon, absentmindedly listening to the voices of the world. The carriages that was pulled by horses rolled down the worn brick path, the silhouettes of people either rushing down the streets, or delicately strolling down the path with their beloved. Despite that, you, only a mere child compared to the rest of the world, were alone with no parents by your side.

You glanced up at the sky, as you don't have a pocket watch, and saw the Sun was nearing the west. It was time to go home.

That was when you heard an unfamiliar voice called out in delight.

"Oh! You're here. You're here!"

You looked around, trying to pin-point where the voice had come from. There! At the edge of the forest, there was a rather strange jester. As you came closer, you saw that the jester wore a simple clowns outfit, nothing special. The interesting feature though was that there were seemingly two persons in that outfit smiling down at you.

"Tonight, we will be showing," The male voice on the right spoke before the other, a female high pitched voice continued. "The sad fate that some of this world carry."

"Children that God," They spoke in unison and pointed towards the evening sky, before placing their hands on their hearts, looking sad and solemn. "Has abandoned. Restlessly creeping out."

"Children who can't even carry the trembling limbs they were born with." The boy of the two spoke with such distaste as the girl continued with a soft, sad tone. "Their shaking tongues even accidentally cry out."

They passed a small poster at you. You gazed down at it.

"The crowns of their heads that caress the dark clouds." The smiles on their faces seemed to flicker, turning demented just for a moment before back to normal. "They smile as they dream of their mother's embrace..."

You looked down to the poster in your hands, interested. The words 'Welcome to the Dark Woods Circus' was written in large letters.

"Oh, the deformity..."

You glanced back up and found the jesters were nowhere to be seen.

"THE DEFORMITY!"

Where.. You thought as you looked around, trying to find the jester... Did they go?

"Drop by and see them."

You spotted the jesters running into the woods. Curious, you ran towards the woods, the balloon slipping from your grasp. The words seemed to have soften into a whisper as you ran deeper into the woods.

"Drop by and see them."

You stopped. After running for what it felt like forever, you finally stopped and took a look around. The sky was dark and the moon hung dimly above the stars. Trees covered all around you and you honestly couldn't find your way back to the town even if you wanted to.

A path revealed itself to you. You walked carefully, clutching the small piece of paper close to your chest as if it was your lifeline. You stopped in surprise. A circus was there, in the middle of the woods, it's open entrance looked inviting. You gazed up in shock when you saw a being as tall as a tower, dancing around with his mistress.

Creeping to the entrance, you couldn't help but hide was as the tall beings danced past you. It would be best if you avoided them. It felt like it would be bad if you were caught by them.

A small tear in the circus's canvas caught your attention. You came closer as you took a peek.

The performers were jolly, though their forms were quite bizarre.

One wore a striped long sleeved outfit with four different colors. Orange and lime green on the left side as well as a blue and similar shade of green on the right. They wore a baggy black and white pants and they smiled down at you.

Yes, they, for they had two heads seemingly fused into one body, with stitches running down the middle of their body.

Another was a wondrous siren. She wore a torn pink dress that showed her deformed legs as she sat on the ground, a mask over her eyes.

The last was a 'blue beast' that ate dreadful things, restrained by chains circling around him. He smiled as his 'dinner' was served.

"It's not that we wished to be born into these forms." They said, smiling. "Why are you looking at us like that?"

What a rotten face. You thought disgustingly. Why do they exist?

You began to regret ever discovering this place.

"This life is horrid," The siren sang softly. "Yes, it can't help but be so."

"That's what she said," The boy of the two headed freak continued. "And yet, the show goes on."

Forever...

"Oh, What fun! What fun! This circus is fun!" The girl of the two headed freak grinned at you, madness glinting in her eyes. "You can see it in our rotting faces, melting eyes and festering skin."

You need to get out of here. You need to run away from them...

..But somehow, you stay rooted where you stood.

"Oh, I want to die." The siren's song now turned desperate as she clawed her way to you, dress billowing behind her as she begged. "I want to die. I want to get out of this place."

Just as she reached you, she stopped, crying in defeat. "But I feel like someone said to me, 'That'll never happen.'"

You stepped back and turned, finally feeling the adrenaline to run. Just before you exited though, a shadow loomed before you.

"Oh my." The tall ringmaster spoke. "Looks like we have a guest."

"Yes.." His mistress grinned down at you, eyes narrowing in pleasure. "Oh, we are going to have so much fun!"

No... Your eyes widened in panic as your mouth parted to form a scream. N-no..

The circus's entrance that was previously opened, now closed as the ringmaster danced around happily.

"The body is distorted in order to bend to that twisted figure,

To crawl on the illuminated streets with paper lanterns.

Everyone knows that feeling of walking down the street

This child has to cower alone

I guess the shadows reach long

But the friends that talk have their waists aligned

You are later and before and by yourself

Oh! You're here! You're here!

Drop by and see them!

Drop by and see them.."

A carriage rode passed the crowds of people, fading into the distance. Soon after, a silhouette of a child appeared in the crowds, little hands grasping a piece of paper in one and a balloon on the other.

"Drop by to the Dark Woods Circus.."

The child looked up at the evening sky, lips parted in a smile as (his/her) (eye color) eyes changed just a moment, showing a demented shade of red. (He/She) whispered a few words and, if possible, seemed to smile even brighter than before.

"It's fun.."

A/N Ahh, I remember this... My very first attempt at Horror. A bad one at that, actually. Keep a lookout for more, I won't post just this!