Chapter 12

Nicki POV

" Drake go home." , I say grabbing his hand and trying to drag him off my designer couch and towards the front door. Therefore I can then effectively dispose of the rubbish lurking on my couch.

Aka Drake.

" Nicki no!! Get off man I'm tired!  And no, look outside please and tell me it's safe to drive round New York when night life is booming??  I don't want to drive and I don't want to get shot. So if you'd like to excuse yourself, I claim this couch as my temporary bed from now into the future. " Drake says, releasing my grip on his hand and rubbing his hand over his face in disgust.

" You can excuse yourself. You better take off your Timbs, Martha doesn't like scatterbrains and she wouldn't risk getting the couch dirty." I say swatting his feet away from my cream white couch.

" Sorry Mary Poppins damn... So it's okay if I sleep over right?" Drake says giving me a pleasing puppy dog eye look.

" Yeah whatever Drake. You can stay downstairs while I go upstairs and change. I'll heat up some late night paella for us... I don't think candy floss is going to cut it for dinner." I say and with that I two step up the plush soft stairs, not wanting to leave Drake abandoned for too long.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

" What are you doing?"  I say with my hands on my hips.

Drake is literally turning my kitchen into a pig sty, salt pouring all over the table top,  spices chucked around and jars of plum tomatoes bolognese source etc.

He turned his head sharply, evidently startled by the way I barge into the room. He opens his mouth to reply but shuts his mouth when he notices that he has just dropped my only glass jar of curry paste.

" Nic, I'm sorry I didn't mean it.. I was just trying to.." He stutters, trying to stuff things back into the cupboard.

" Just move, child." Martha snaps swatting Drake away from the cupboard.

I slide in front of him and I arrange the cupboard back to its former glory putting all the spices in place. I smile in approval then I turn swiftly and cough, quickly catching his attention.

" So why are you going through my spice cupboard??" I say with a cocked eyebrow.

" Oh, that?! I just wanted to find some paracetamol, I have a headache at the moment." Drake says scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

I tut, shaking his head at his stupidity as any medicine or drug of any kind I have will  obviously be in a little less obvious place.

I bend down to open another cupboard and slightly rummage behind a few cleaning products which is where I keep my secret supply of Ibuprofen paracetamol  couple drugs  and pads . Not wanting him to see my supply of essentials, I blindly  snatch a packet of paracetamol.

" Here you go..." I say putting two white tablets in his big palm. " and here's some water to." chucking a bottle of water his way.

" Thanks Nic."

" Yeah whatever Drake. You can switch on the TV and sit on the couch while I heat up the Paella." I say turning my back to open the 6 foot tall fridge.