Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I woke up in an unknown bedroom. I freaked out – having no idea how I got there and or where 'there' was. "Easy, easy" a male voice called out. I was laying on a bed, in a dodgy looking cabin – with only the natural light from the window streaming in.

I was still wearing my jeans, and my shirt, but both were ripped which I was sure they weren't before – even with the rape-y brother's grabby hands. My head was pounding, and my chest hurt, but the majority of my pain came from my hip.

At the sound of the male voice, my head whipped around the room. I quickly found the source of the voice. A tall man, with a large muscled body, sat in a chair against the far wall. He had jet back hair, which was swept back with natural perspiration, and his face was harsh and chiselled. He was attractive – but at that moment, his beauty was the last thing on my mind.

"Where am I?" I demanded, as he moved closer. As he stepped into the sunlight, I noticed the rest of his beauty; ivory white skin, sharp jaw, shiny white teeth, dimples on each cheek and eyes dark but with speckled gold in them.

"You're safe, I promise" he held his hands up softly. His voice was smooth, and had a royal strength to it. "You've been hurt. But you're safe".

"The Wolf" I gasped, and a small smile stretched onto his face. "What happened to the Wolf? And those guys he killed? I can't remember anything past me hitting the floor".

The man nodded, "you knocked your head. You went unconscious immediately". He took a seat on the edge of the bed, and I scooted away a few inches. I glared at him in distrust, but he didn't seem offended. "These are from Wolf claws" he pointed to my ripped jeans, "you were dragged back here".

"Why didn't the Wolf eat me?" I questioned.

"That Wolf was saving you, not hurting you" he told me, his eyes watching me closely. Reaching forward, he took a hold of the hem of my shirt. I pushed his hands off me, and scooted away again. His hands shot into a surrender gesture. "I heard what those guys tried to do. I wasn't trying anything, I was just showing you your injuries".

I didn't say anything, I just pulled my shirt up myself. A large white bandage was over my right hip, which was where most of my pain came from. "You were bitten" he exclaimed, "that's why you feel so bad".

"Sorry, who are you?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows in annoyance.

"My name is Saxon. I was out in the forest, I heard you scream" he explained, and I frowned. "I heard them call you Jessica. Is that your name?"

"No. My name is Chelsea" I replied. "How did you scare the Wolf off?" I wasn't convinced by his 'hero' routine.

"I told you, Chelsea, the Wolf wasn't trying to hurt you. The Wolf saved your life. He never wanted to hurt you. He only pounced because you tried to run. It's instinct to chase something that runs. That was all that happened. The Wolf didn't mean to hurt you".

"How do you know? Do you speak Wolf?" I crossed my arms tightly under my chest. Saxon's eyes darted down to my cleavage, before his eyes popped back to mine.

"I don't speak Wolf, Chelsea. I was that Wolf" he told me, completely serious. "Do you want some water?"

"Wait. No, hold on a second. You can't just claim to be half Wolf, and then offer me a drink. Explain, explain". I was getting hysterical – wondering just how hard I had hit my head.

"I was born to a human mother, and a Werewolf father. On my eighteen birthday I shifted into a Wolf for the first time, just as all my brothers had. Now, it is my job to repopulate my Pack with fresh Wolves. You are my first new Pack member. Now, I really think you should have some water".