04. wishful thinking

hello everyone, I'M BACK! enjoy this update :)

   ✕ ✕ ✕

   listen to: me & you - ozzie

   ✕ ✕ ✕

   My mission to search for Malia myself wasn't going quite as planned.

   First off, her scent was so scarce that I could barely track her paw prints across the football field. The only possible explanation I could think of for this strange feat would be if she tiptoed through the grass.

   I didn't get that far into the woods when Stiles called.

   "Blaise," he said, his voice shaky. He seemed on-edge, like he was caught in the middle of something that frightened him.

   "Stiles! What's wrong?" I pressed. Panic started building up. "Are you okay? Where are you? Do you—"

   "I'm fine, I'm fine," he interrupted, "But you need to get over to Derek's loft right now. Scott—the twins—"

   "I'm on my way."

   Stuffing my phone into my sling-bag, I pushed off the ground and spread my wings. It wasn't night time so, if I was too slow in the sky, I would most likely be seen.

   No matter. I would just have to put some extra... supernatural speed into my flight today.

   Satisfied with the thought, I took off towards the loft.

   ✕ ✕ ✕

   Upon arrival, I didn't plan on a subtle entrance, as usual.

   I broke through the glass window (which I'm sure Derek has had to replace many times, thanks to me), quickly surveying the area for any sign of danger. I didn't have to look for long—it was standing right in front of me.

   Ethan and Aiden hovered over Scott, taking turns punching him. I knew that under normal circumstances Scott would be able to fight back but, after coming back from the dead, he hasn't been able to use his True Alpha powers. The twins were basically beating the living crap out of him.

   Ethan turned his head at the sound of shattering glass, looking right at me. Confusion spread across his face. "Blaise?"

   I roared in rage, jumping off of the ground and hurdling towards the twins. I dove straight towards them, sending each of my fists into both of their throats. I latched onto their necks, pinning them to the wall over ten feet off the ground. My violet eyes were burning with outright rage, as if my irises had suddenly caught on fire.

   "I thought I told you two that if you ever hurt my pack I would rip your throats out with my TEETH!" I screamed, getting dangerously close to their faces.

   They tried to hide it, but I could smell their fear. "We were trying to help him," Aiden spit. "Scott wanted—"

   I interrupted his blabbering by cutting off his oxygen supply. They would surely die if I crushed their throats any further. The thought was intriguing.

   Sadly, before I could do so, Scott called out from behind me.

   "Blaise!" he shouted, desperation lacing his voice. "Let them go!"

   I slowly backed my face away from theirs, a smirk spreading across my face. "Fine," I mused.

   Then I dropped them.

   They landed on the sturdy floors with a thud, grunting in pain. I didn't follow after them right away, though. I stayed staring at the wall, my wings flapping silently behind me. Something inside of me wanted to fly down and kill the twins so badly, so badly that I had to physically keep myself from giving in. I wanted blood spilled. I wanted it to be because of me. I wanted the blame.