Chapter 5: The Girl

~Hiccup~

Blue, blue, blue. Never in my life had I seen eyes so magnificently blue, so blue the skies couldn't compare, so blue the seas didn't even stand a chance against the sheer beauty of those two irises. It couldn't have lasted for more than a second, but to me, it felt like I had been looking into those brilliantly blue eyes for a lifetime.

The mere thought of her had my heart pounding, the girl with hair like woven gold, the girl in the spiked skirt and blue top with an axe in her hands. The girl with a certain fire in her I had never seen in anyone I'd ever met. The girl with eyes so mesmerizing I think I would've passed out hadn't I been holding on to Toothless. I simply couldn't get her out of my head.

"Hello, earth to Hiccup!" The sound of snapping fingers brought me out of my daze as Snotlout flew up beside me on his monstrous nightmare, Hookfang.
"What the hell was that? We didn't even get to do some major damage on the place!"

"Yeah!" Tuffnut agreed as he and his twin sister flew up on the other side of me on their shared dragon, Barf and Belch. "We were told we would get to make the biggest explosion in the history of the entire Nut-family and now we're flying away!"

"Yeah, Barf's been saving up gas for over a week now in preparation for this! Why would you do such a thing to us, Hiccup?" Ruffnut complained, her raspy voice tearing through my eardrums, but not being able to shift my focus away from the woman on the balcony.

"I have to side with the twins on this one, Hiccup," Fishlegs began as he and Meatlug took the twins' spot on my right flank, to which the twins surprisingly enough didn't protest. "You were quite determined to blow Dagur's fortress to bits earlier today, but instead we ended up leaving before we even had the chance to do any serious damage."

A huff escaped Snotlout as he puffed up his chest and stuck his nose in the air. "Oh, just you wait until Stoick hears about this! He's going to disown you on the spot and I, Snotlout Gary Jorgenson will become the next in line to the Berkian throne!"

I rolled my eyes at Snotlout's comment, choosing to ignore him, which seemed to have become a part of my routine at this point.

"Hiccup." In an uncharacteristically stern tone, Fishlegs raised a brow at me as he patiently awaited my answer to his earlier question.

"He wasn't there, Dagur wasn't there, alright? There's no point in attacking if he isn't even there." I lied, knowing full well I had seen that fiery red mane of his at the very entrance of the fortress, commanding his archers to shoot for the skies.

"And here I thought that Tuffnut was the dumb one!" Disappointment weighed heavy on Ruffnut's face as she shook her head, earning not only a glare, but also a firm — and rather painful-looking — punch to the shoulder, issued by none other than her dear brother. "Hey! Don't touch me with your greasy fingers!"

"Ew, don't touch me with your greasy fingers!" Tuffnut spoke in a high-pitched voice in an unconvincing attempt to imitate his sister, whilst wiggling his fingers in face as their poor dragon struggled to keep the both of them afloat with all of their movement.

"Enlighten me, Ruffnut, how is Hiccup dumb again?" With an arched brow pointed at the twins, Fishlegs crossed his arms as he awaited an answer.

Ruffnut momentarily stopped what had developed into a full-blown fight with her brother, pausing their brawl by pressing her palm against his face, effectively holding him off as she raised a questioning brow at Fishlegs. "Uh duh, Dagur was literally standing right at the gates! How was I the only one to see that?"