Found

I sat in my truck watching the occasional walker shuffle by my window. They didn't seem to pay me any attention. It was like I was already dead. Like I was one of them already.
My supplies had run dry and anytime I tried to look for some I came up empty. Everywhere was pretty much dry or overrun. If anyone was alive out here I'd be surprised. I would have to keep moving if I ever want to eat something again. I started my truck and drove back into the road hoping my next stop would be useful.
My truck was almost out of gas when I saw someone run across the road. I stopped and watched as a woman followed after them holding their stomach. I leaned out my window and grabbed my other gun. I looked through the scope and saw Rick standing at the side of the road. He was sending our people across one at a time. I lowered my gun and felt something hit me in the back of the head.

My head was killing me when I woke up. I looked around and saw Rick standing near me arguing with Beth.
"I didn't know it was her!"
"She was in her truck!"
"It doesn't look like her! Daryl barely recognized her!"
"I can still hear you know.."
Rick knelt beside me and handed me a bottle of water.
"How are you?"
"I'm not exactly sure."
The thought of Ann caused a lump to grow in my throat. I couldn't believe how quickly she went. One second she was smiling and then the next she was laying in my lap dying. I squeezed my eyes shut and sat up a bit. Everyone slowly came into view. Andrea and two of Hershel's people were missing. I looked up at Rick who just shook his head. I was about to ask about Daryl when I saw him hiding behind the staircase rails. Before I could say anything to him Lori walked over to me blocking my view of Daryl. She was very pregnant.
"It's so good to have you back. We were so worried. Daryl said you were in town when everything got bad."
"I went back.. No one was there."
"That doesn't matter. We're all together again."
"Everyone, but Andrea."
I sighed and ran my hands through my dirty hair. I felt like such an asshole. Sure, Andrea and I didn't get along, but I didn't want her to be lost. Being away from the group for as long as I was.. It's awful. I turned back to Lori and rested my hand against her stomach.
"How's the baby?"
"Ok. I'm worried because he hasn't been kicking as much as Carl did. You don't think it's..?"
"Don't start counting on a boy just yet. Rick could you grab my bag out of the truck?"
I felt around her stomach while I waited for him to come back. Our group started to crowd around us. Rick handed me my bag and I dug out my stethoscope.
"Is it ok for me to life your shirt?"
"Why not.."
She pulled her shirt up and I pressed the end of my stethoscope against her stomach. I slowly moved it around stopping in one place for a minute or two before moving on. I stopped just below her belly button and smiled.
"There's the little bugger. The heartbeat is strong. It sounds like the heart has been developing just fine. Would you like to hear?"
I set the ear pieces in her ear and watched as tears filled her eyes. Beth leaned over my shoulder.
"You can hear it?"
"It's faint, but it's there. It'll get louder the closer we get to the due date. Luckily it was facing the right way or I might not have been able to find it."
Lori handed it off to Rick and he broke into a smile. He rested his hand on her stomach and listened to his child's heart. It was a moment they should've had privately, but instead they were surrounded by our strange little family. I looked over at Daryl still smiling. He looked away from me and walked outside.
"I'll be right back."
I left them alone and followed Daryl outside. My head was spinning as I found my way into the porch. The wind hit me like a ton of bricks.
"How are you not cold?"
I walked up beside him and glanced at the goosebumps on his arms.
"How long have you guys been running?"
"Since I abandoned you."
"Daryl you didn't abandon me. I told you to go."
"Why? Why do you always tell me to go? Why sacrifice yourself? Are you just that stupid?!"
I kept my eyes on him as he yelled at me. He kicked the chair off the porch and stood on the edge looking out at the yard. I rested my hand on his shoulder.
"I do it because I couldn't live with myself if you died for me. I never wanted to lose you like that so letting you go was easier."
"So it doesn't matter what I think? I get to be the one to lose you?"
"Not anymore. I'm not going anywhere. Are you?"
He looked down at me and spoke in a whisper.