Chapter 5

Completely feel like you guys hate this book😔

Chapter 5- I don't believe it

Jakes P.O.V
Have you ever got the worse phone call in your entire life? I'm pretty sure my life just ended. I feel my lungs collapsing by the minute making it hard to breath. But that's the point, how am I supposed to live without her? I get were young but she was the love of my life. I can't believe this happened. This is all too much for my body to handle. I failed, I failed at being a boyfriend.

*15 minutes before*

I just finished the third game of the tournament, things are going well. We haven't lost a game yet, hopefully we don't. I just wish Audrey was here, she's on my mind 24/7 I look up into the stands and pretends she's there. I look up and see her beautiful face smiling down at the ice cheering me on every game, watching her small body shiver from the coldness wishing I was there to warm her up, but most of all her gorgeous smile.

Me and the team are in the locker room when I get an unusual phone call from Audrey's parents. I put my helmet in my bag and answer it.

"Hello" I say walking out of the locker room so I could her them better.

"Jake is Audrey with you?" they immediately say.

"N-No? you told her she couldn't so she stayed at home remember?" I say strangely.

"Jake please don't lie, we don't care if she's there, we want to make sure she's okay." her mom says concerned.

"What do you mean? I'm not lying ma'am, she's not with me, she's at home." I hear loud sobs coming from the other end of the call.

"Jake, she's gone, she isn't here" Her mother says faintly under her crying.

I stand there shocked, I can't take in what I just heard. I can't belive it, it can't be true, my princess is gone.

"W-what do you mean?" I say with my eyes starting to fill with tears.

"She's gone Jake, the stove was left on, and the back door lock is broken, my baby is gone Jake, someone took my baby." I can hardly make out what she's saying between her cries.

I just stand outside the locker room, the world is spinning around me while I'm standing still, complete still, not able to move, not wanting to move.

"The cops just arrived I have to go" her mother says before hanging up.

I slowly walk into the locker room walking towards my bag as I reach it my legs become weak as I throw my phone in my bag I drop to my knees and cover my face with my hands as tears fall down my face. My teammates gather around me all asking me what is wrong and if I was okay, I just snapped at them not meaning to, not knowing what to do.

"SOMEONE TOOK MY PRINCESS!" I basically scream at the top of my lungs. I have no clue what their reactions were and I honestly don't care. I feel a hand on my back.

"Were all here for you man" one of my teammates says. "We understand if you want to go home to find her, we can play the last few games without you my dude."

I just sit there on my knees still shocked at everything.

*present time*

I paid a little over 1,000 to get on the next plane home, and in all honestly it was worth it. I should be home in about 3 hours I already have a taxi waiting for me outside of the airport. I'm going to find the son of a bitch that took my babygirl and he will regret in doing so.

***

It's been 3 days since Audrey was taken. The cops have no lead, not one single little thing. Whoever took her knew what he was doing, he's probably been doing it for years. They took me into questioning but I had nothing to give them, I honestly knew nothing.

I'm sitting on her bed letting tears fall down my cheek and onto her bed. It's still a mess from the day she slept in it, she never made her bed, she hated it being made. I look around her bright and vivid room, staring at the pictures of us, there's so many that she has. I lay back onto her pillow letting her scent drown me. I look over to my left at her nightstand. There's a picture of us. It's my favorite picture of us.

It's on the forth of July, and she's in a American flag flowy crop top with white shorts on, she has her hair in a ponytail and we're both looking at each other. Her smile is plaster on her face because we were laughing, well she was laughing at me. I was look down at her having a faint smile appear on my face and my hand on her cheek admiring her. The reason she was laughing was because she put her snowcone on my nose and it was dripping down my face as I tried to get her back but I just couldn't.

Being in her room kills me, but what kills me the most is having her with someone else and not with me. I the come to realization that I need go take matters into my own hands. Everyone knows the cops won't do a thing about this, they are proably off rating donuts. They are so worthless when it comes to things like this. I quickly get up from her and go straight to her desk, I look for something, anything that tells me something but I come up empty.

I began to search her whole room, finding nothing as I finish looking in her closet.

How could I let this happen? I knew I shouldn't of went to that stupid hockey tournament, she's gone. She's gone because of me.

***

Sorry it's so short but I felt like it needed to be it's own chapter. More updates are coming.