2

Sick that was the best way describe how I felt. I have seen dead people before. Billie made me feel worst than almost any other dead person I have seen. I didn't really know her though. I guess it was because I could so easily be Billie.

 I felt sick when I saw Jenna. Jenna was with Kara. The two were chatting and then she saw Billie's body.

"No"

 Her scream was haunting. I couldn't get her face out her mind or Billie's dead body. She had ran to Billie's sister or she would have if another teacher who had just arrived hadn't held her back. She had been sobbing tears streaming down her face.

 I turned my head and saw a person in a black hoodie. I was about to run I wanted to kill A for killing Billie. Billie was just a normal fourteen year old girl. Then I saw black hoodie's face. It wasn't A it was a girl with braces and spotty skin.

 The head teacher called me into his study to talk about Billie that day. I answered his questions feeling dazed. I couldn't get Billie's face out of my mind.

"Was she a friend of yours" he asked me

"No" I said "Um she sat down on our lunch table and talked to us slightly I mean she seemed like the kind of person in the person who will easily start talking to people she doesn't know but her twin sister Jenna was friends with my best friend Emma, they were in the same science class and she know Emma a little" I said

"Emma she was one of the girls who found Billie's body" he said

 I nodded. 

"Was Billie dead when you found her" he asked me

"No"

"Did she say anything"

 I thought about her last words. I wanted Billie's killer to brought justice but it wound't work if me Emma and Olivia were both dead.

"No" I lied

 Over the next week or so people started leaving the school. I saw them standing there. Some looked happy but others didn't and there parents were clearly forcing them to withdraw. I know a few of them.

 One of them was a boy Shaun.  The other two that I know were Issie and Alex. None of them looked happy to be leaving.

 Life went on though. People travelled in packs though. Some kids even said they would guns and knifes to keep themselves safe.

 People were scared. Everybody could see that. But in other ways life went on went normal. I had been at Shield High for three weeks now. I know the popular kids and some of the losers. 

 About three weeks in I was in a fighting class when I saw the boy. The boy had tanned skin high cheekbones blond hair and chocolate  brown eyes. His looks seemed to look a thousand times better on him than anybody else. He had the sort of unnaturally good looks. 

"Hi um I'm Riley I heard your one of the best in the class" he said with a  dazzling smile

"Um no" I said

 In my last class rating I hadn't been rated ninth. Kendra had Paige generally got first Kennedy came forth and James and Jake and Andy and Conrad generally got fifth six and seventh and eighth. I was in the top ten though and everyone liked to be in the top ten.

"Do you want to work together" Riley asked me

 I shook my head "I'm working with Olivia" I said

"Alright" he said sounding slightly disappointed

"Hay" said Jess

 Jess was flunking her fighting class. Olivia said Jess's major skill was computing. She was one of the type of girls I never liked. She was pretty. She was all shiny straight hair and pouty lips. Jess's best friend Kyra was worst that Jess. Kyra was rated the worst student every week. It was common knowledge that Kyra would be asked to leave. They said she would go through some T.A.H.T.I project. All it meant was she forgot about Shield. She got new memory's .

 To tell you the truth I thought the project was cruel. People had a right to there memory's but I know why they were doing it. The teachers had told us people would drop out. All I can do is hope I won't be one of them. 

 The lesson went on like it normally did but I noticed Emma looking over at Riley. Jess was talking to him. He was talking back. Emma was working with a girl with spots and black hair. Emma said the girl was a friend from her science class.

"I can't believe it" she was wailing after the lesson was over

"Can't believe what" I said

"Riley he must think I'm stupid" she said

 I never thought of Emma as the sort of the girl to fall madly in love with a guy over his looks.

"He used to be in my Science class" she said "He used to be in Advanced Class" she said

"What" I said

"You know if fighting's your major your put into classes you and Olivia our set two Riley was really good and one of the best in his class" she said

"Why was he moved then" I asked

"It's called some request thing I heard his friends say his Mum died and he wanted to go down while he get's him self back together" she said

"He's way to together for someone whose Mum died" I said

 Emma shook her head "It's called acting" she said

 There was something about the tone that made me think Emma lost someone close to her.

"Did you lose someone" I asked

"No" Emma snapped and it was clear she had

"Do you want to talk about it" I asked

"I have no idea what your talking up our see guys later" Emma muttered running off

"Way to go" Olivia snapped

"Em" I yelled "Em wait"

 I didn't talk to Emma till lunch.

"Emma" I said spotting at her and running over to her

"What" she asked me

"Look I'm sorry okay" I said "I didn't mean to moan you but Em me and Liv our your friends what you can't tell us" I said

 To be honest I wasn't sorry. I didn't get why Emma couldn't say she had lost someone.

"Get Olivia and come with me" she said

 Emma took us to a place that was deserted. 

"Look you guys have a right to the truth so I'm going to give it you okay and I shouldn't of done what I did Lydia" she said

"It's okay" I said

"I was your average kid I got good grades and I had a nice family but my life was not perfect when I was eleven I met a girl called Cece who was my best friend we were always together and she was my best friend but yes we started having stuff going on in our lives" she said "She was seeing my older brother  they went out for a year and eight months it impacted on our friendship I mean she was meant to be my best mate and instead she was going moony eyed over my brother and then when I was thirteen it was the summer holidays Mum and Dad took the family and Cece down on a holiday I mean it wasn't meant to fun but Cece never showed up and I woke up in a fucking hostiple bed"

 Emma started to cry "I don't know what happened that night I woke up and all I was ever told was then I had been driven off and there was a car crash my parents died and so did my little sister they sent me to live with my Aunt Julia but there our gaps about my memory" Emma told me

 Emma seemed to be gone. In her placement was a broken hearted sobbing girl. I know I shouldn't ask to se the pictures but  I did. Wordlessly Emma pulled out her camera and showed it to me.

 The first one was of a family. There was a girl there too. I hadn't seen that face since I was thirteen.

"Oh my god" I said

 I know that girl. When I know her, her hair was different but other than that she looked the same. She was my old best friend. When I know her she had long dark hair and that girl had been blond. But she looked about the same age as when I really had know

She had been my longest friend but I never counted her because it hurt to think about her. At the same time I wondered if I could even call her a friend. She never was a perfect friend but she was a friend. She was Courtney the girl who went missing.