Chapter 8

Heather's POV:

Ethan has really been confusing me lately. I seriously don't understand him.

I know he is my best friend and I pretty much can't live without him anymore, but he's really been psycing me out. I think he's making me crazy.

First, he wrecks into me and ruins my college interview. Then, he comes to my house and watches TV all day with me. In that same day, he tried to kiss me. I know he claims he didn't but I can read guys very well. Or at least I thought I could... he did try to kiss me right? Or is he just toying with me? I could read my ex boyfriend really well, but this kid is driving me bonkers.

Next, he kept pretending it didn't even happen. Well, I mean it didn't, but still. Then, he treats me like a little girl buddy, completely oblivious to the fact that I'm still needing an explanation on the kiss. Finally, last night he told me he had a crush on another girl. Did he even try to kiss me? Or am I just an idiot? What is going on?

I'm not even sure if I can handle this kid anymore, he's really making me lose my mind. I literally stayed up until 2:30am last night thinking about him. Should I even be doing that?

Of course, I wasn't just thinking of him. I was actually kind of comparing him to my ex boyfriend Weston for a while. Weston was a really good guy, and I miss him more than words can explain. If he could come back, I would take him in second. I just want to call him mine again.

Although, I know he isn't coming back, and now Ethan has stepped in the way. I'm not sure how I feel about that crazy boy. He's a lot of fun, and he makes me really happy. Even though he confuses the crap out of me. I would maybe say yes if he asked me out, but I don't know because Weston is still weighing heavy on my mind and, he even said himself, he likes another girl. I doubt he would ask me out.

Then again, I think he tried to kiss me but I'm not sure. I also think he stares at me a lot. I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE! WHAT IS THIS BOY DOING TO ME!?

Sorry, got lost in the moment for a bit.

Anyways, I fell asleep around 2:30ish, after my thoughts ate me alive. Thank goodness yesterday was Saturday, I got one more day to rest.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you! I got my crutches off a few days ago! So now I don't have to worry about my foot needing to be amputated (or so my mom claims)!

Speaking of mom, after Ethan left my house right after trying to kiss me (if he did, I'm still confused), she told me she doesn't think Ethan is good for me. I get the feeling that the incident with the foot and the long board didn't really help her feel better about having me miss my interview. She thinks that he's just going to hurt me even more, but I don't know. It's been 2 weeks ever since the incident, and so far he's made me lose my marbles, but I haven't gotten hurt.

At least, I don't think I have. It didn't feel good when he told me he liked someone else, but that's his opinion. And personally, I don't like him that way either. He's just a good friend.

Or is he?

Ethan's POV:

I blew it. Last night, I attempted to tell Heather I like her, but things didn't go according to plan. I ended up sounding like an idiot before dropping her off.

She's perfect, and I really really like her. But I seriously doubt she likes me back. I haven't had a girlfriend since the 10th grade. All I know was that relationship didn't end well, and I didn't want the same thing to happen between Heather and I.

Let's just say, a really bad rumour about her and I got out and she thought I started it, which I guess I kind of did. I don't know why I did, but for some reason it made me aggrivated and I snapped at her, which caused her to break up with me. We had been dating for only like 3 weeks. I still don't like hearing her name to this day.

Moving on.

I woke up around 10:30ish. I always sleep in on the weekends. Once, I slept until 1:00 pm!

When I awoke, I shot up and ran downstairs to the smell of bacon and sausage. Wow, this day is starting out nicely already.

My mom stood before the stove playing around with the bacon. She looked up at me and eyed me up and down. "Why don't you wear pajamas, child?"

I didn't realize I was in my underwear until I looked down at myself. "Oh, I didn't realize I wasn't really wearing anything."

"Looks like."

"Watch it."

My mom looked really raggedy and tired. I don't know why she was making breakfast when she looked this miserable. Well, I mean I'm not complaining. I like it when people make food for me. I decided to not argue with her and just roll with whatever is going on here.

After a few minutes, my mom handed me a plate with 4 mini sausages and 2 pieces of bacon. Yup, definitely getting up and getting more later.

I was just about to start digging in when my phone chimed. I annoyingly threw my piece of bacon back onto the plate.

3 texts from Heather were in my notification box. I slid the last one sideways and typed my password.

Heather: Hey! 😁

Heather: How are you this fine morning fam?

Heather: Not that I want us to be related or anything.

Me: lol I am great just so ya know and same

Heather: hehe well wyd

Me: Digging into my breakfast, thinking about yesterday.

Heather: Oh yeah, that reminds me, who was that girl you said you were crushing on yesterday...? 😏

My heart froze. No, I don't wanna tell her I like her over text. That's just stupid. I have to tell her I like her in person, and it has to be a surprise.

Me: Oh, it was nothing. I'd rather just keep it to myself rn since I just barely started feeling this way.

Well handled. Nicely done Ethan.

Heather: Come on Eth, you can tell your best friend. Best friends should know all. 😂

Crap.

Me: I'd rather just tell you in person, you know. Plus I'd rather talk about it than text.

Heather: Why don't you just call me?

Heather: Nvm, I'll call you. Give me a sec.

CRAP!! CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAPPY CRAPPIE CRAP CRAP!!!!

Me: Oh no, you don't have to do that! Let me just tell you next time we hang out!

Before I could press send, my phone started chiming away. I declined the incoming call then sent my message.

Heather: Ah come on! Why don't you wanna tell your best buddy?

Me: Because I don't wanna ruin it!

CRAAAAAAAP.

Heather: Ruin what?

CRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.

Heather: Hello?

I decided not to reply. I've said too much already. I have to do this in person, there's no way I'm letting her know I like her over a phone call, or even a text message. I just can't, it's not right.

I set down my phone and started eating. I hadn't really started yet because I was so busy texting her. I will call her tomorrow, or later today to schedule to hang out. Either that, or I could just show up at her house.

Wait.

Oh my heck.

I just got the best idea ever.