Chapter 2 (Vanessa)

Her laptop was terrible. It wasn't actually but she thought all laptops were terrible.

Unknown to her, a few feet to her left in the cafe her arresting officer was dressed in a simple white t-shirt and jeans. She thought he was just a scruffy looking dude.

Boredom had become her worst enemy in recent months. Her website was bringing in an average of $700 per day. Not a mind blowing amount but more than enough to live off of. She didn't need to do a danm thing to make money.

Instead she had started looking into people's private lives. With a bit of creativity, a laptop and an open wifi network (such as at the cafe she was sitting in) she could see every site people visited and every message they sent.

It was crazy how much people shared online. At that moment there were 14 messages in the process of being sent. Of these, two contained swear words and one contained incriminating evidence against the person who sent it.

She copied the evidence and saved it in her drive account. She shuddered a bit as she thought of all the ways she could black mail the guy.

She started researching the guy online and made a spreadsheet. She found he had a wife and kids. Both she could contact easily.

She was officially signed in so they decided to strike.

The police officers that had been slowly surrounding her in plain clothes all surrounded her. The arresting officer grabbed her arms and pulled them behind her before she could close the laptop.

"DO NOT LET THAT LAPTOP CLOSE!" He yelled as he man-handled her.

Another officer grabbed the computer and made sure not to close anything. He also moved the mouse every few seconds to make sure it didn't go to sleep.