Stay as Long as You Need

Nash's POV:

It's been 3 months since Faith had left me. After a couple weeks of being apart, she decided that she was going to go through with the divorce. I haven't talked to her since that day. I understood why she wanted too, and I didn't blame her. I wasn't mad, I wasn't angry, I was upset. She sold Cici's cafe, and moved back home taking Charlie with her. I haven't seen my Charlotte in three months, and I missed her dearly, just as much as her mom. I was in the process of selling the house, and I was going to rent an apartment. There was no way I could stay here in this house. The house we made so many memories in, the house I made love to her countless times, the house I fell in love with my best friend in. My world was falling apart, and I didn't have her anymore. Every song made me cry, every picture, every memory. I missed her, and there was nothing I could to change her mind. She was gone. 

Faith's POV: 

I was a mess. I had my friends and family to get by, but as soon as I was alone, I cried. Charlotte reminded me so much of the boy that I made her with. I wanted her so much to see Nash, but I knew that if I saw him right now, I'd take him back. And that's not what I wanted. I loved Nash, and I would always love him. There will always be a connection between us. And it hurt me to realize it. My parents have been super welcoming of me and Charlie home. They are letting me stay with them until I can get some kind of job to get back on my feet. I felt alone, even though I was surrounded by so many people. 

Later that night, dad came in my room with an envelope. "Hey kiddo. You got this in the mail. It's from Nash. I can hang on to it until you're ready to read it, or I can leave it here with you." He explained. I shook my head. "I'll take it." I said grabbing it gently from his hands. "How are you feeling?" He asked. I shrugged. "I'm alright. I'll be fine. And I promise to be out in the next month or so." I explained. He chuckled and shook his head. "What did mom and I tell you a week ago. We love having you home. Please stay as long as you need. Even if it's the rest of your life, we love having you and Charlie home." He explained. I smiled sweetly at him. "Thanks daddy." I said sniffling a bit. "Anything for you. Come down soon. Dinner will be ready, your siblings are here as well." He explained. I nodded. After he shut the door, I took a deep breath. What was he sending me letters for? My curiosity got the better of me, and I opened it up to read it. 

Faith, 

It's been three months... I miss Charlie. I know I don't deserve to be a dad or anything, but I want to see her. Even if it's the last time I ever get to see her. I just miss her. And if it counts for anything, I miss you too. But, any way. Text me soon. Just for Charlie's sake. 

Nash. 

I felt bad that I was keeping him from seeing his daughter, and I knew that I was being selfish. So, I decided to text him. 

Me- Hi...

Nash- Oh, Faith. Hey. 

Me- I'm sorry.

Nash- For what?

Me- Keeping you from Charlotte. I know that I'm probably a terrible mom. I never want to keep her from you. Ever. 

Nash- I know, and I'm not mad, Faith. I just miss her. She's my world.

Me- I know, when will you be in town next?

Nash- Well, actually I was thinking of moving back to the US. Maybe to New York. I won't be int he same town or city as you, but it still would be easier for me to see Charlie every weekend. 

Me- Are you sure you want to do that? You told me years ago, that you didn't want too...

Nash- Things change Faye. It's okay. I want too.