Semper Fi....

Charlotte's POV:

(She's 16.) 

Today is my sweet 16. And I'm throwing a party with all my friends and family. I didn't want it to be anything fancy, and I wanted to honor my parent's in some way. When I was little they went through a lot. But, they some how managed to work things out, and have been together 26 years. I hoped that someday, me and my boy friend could be like them. My boyfriend Patrick, and I have been together 6 months, and he treats me so well. I love that he has a great relationship with my dad. Patrick's dad  died when he was 3 years old, and he hasn't had the father figure that every young boy longs for, so when he met my dad for the first time, they really bonded, and it made me smile that they were that close. 

When we got to the venue where they were holding my party, I looked at my dad withe excitement. "Thank you guys. But, I told you I would've been okay with a bonfire out back." I reminded them. My mom laughed. "Don't be silly honey, you only turn 16 once." She exclaimed. I nodded, and didn't argue. 

Later that night, the party was going really well, all my friends from school, and family were here to celebrate with me. I walked over to my Uncle Mike who was Djing for us, and I asked him for the mic. "Daddy?" I asked into the mic shyly. He turned around from my mom's attention and smiled. "Come dance with me?" I asked sweetly. My mom smiled. And my dad looked her. "Go on." I heard her say. He nodded, and jogged up to me. I handed the mic back to uncle Mike, and he started playing the song. 

Nash's POV: 

I swayed one of my two favorite girls to her favorite song that we used to sing together ever since she could sing. My life was perfect. I had my amazing Faith back in my life, and my wonderful strong, independent daughter who in my eyes was my greatest accomplishment. Yeah, owning a business with Faith is pretty cool, but I created this girl. She is half of me. And I know that I'm not the perfect father, but she still loves me anyway. She looked like so much more Faith everyday, big brown eyes, and long black hair. Looks like Faith when I had run into her in Cici's cafe that day.

  There's two things I know for sure:
She was sent here from heaven and she's daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
and I thank god for all of the joy in my life
Oh, but most of all

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her hair;
"Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried."
Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right
To deserve a hug every morning And butterfly kisses at night.

Sweet 16 today
She's looking like her mama a little more everyday
One part woman, the other part girl.
To perfume and make-up from ribbons and curls
Trying her wings out in a great big world.
But I remember.....

Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her hair.
"You know how much I love you, Daddy,
But if you don't mind I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time."
Oh with all that I've done wrong I must have done something right
to deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses at night.  

The song stopped in the middle of the song, and she let go of me. "Momma." She said  pointing to Faith. Faith looked at me. "No, finish with your daddy." She said. I shook my head. "Your turn." She said sternly. I didn't know exactly what was going on, but I knew that Charlie had something up her sleeve. Faith came over to me, and she hugged me. "What is she doing?" She asked me. I shrugged. "Hell if I know, but go with it." I smiled. Just then, Faith broke down into tears as Mike turned on our wedding song. I kissed her forehead, and made eye contact with Charlotte. She was teary eyed. I swayed faith, and she sang every word. 

There's something on my mind
You're miles away, but your heart feels close by
The sun is in my eyes
They say love is blind, but with you

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I know I'm maent
To be with you
You-ou

Love is not enough
Why can't love just be enough
Right when it's good, time it messes it up
Please don't let me go
When we come and go
Distance can help hearts to grow

Again the song stopped in the middle of the song, and my eyes grew wide when I heard the song. The song was the first ever song that I danced too Faith with at my cousin's wedding years ago. I didn't know how she knew that, but it made me get teary eyed as well. I didn't know why she was doing this, but I didn't mind, it was just a reminder to Faith that we are stronger than ever. "Nash." She gasped when she heard the song. I looked down at her and wiped a tear that escaped her eyes. "I know." I said letting one fall from mine as well. 

Cause my heart is wherever you are

It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding

Someone like you

It's one in a million, the chances of feeling

The way we do

And with every step together

We just keep on getting better

So can I have this dance?

I looked around the room when the song was over, and everyone that I loved was in one room looking at us. Faith and I let go of each other, and we brought Charlie into our arms. Faith cried hard, and I kissed both of their heads. "I love you guys. Thank you for being my family." She said. When she said that, I lost it. I cried like a fool. "I love you Charlotte. Don't ever change for anyone." I said hugging her. She nodded. "Promise." She smiled. "So, I have one more surprise." She stated. Faith and I looked at each other. "What?" Faith questioned. Mickey brought a book that look so familiar to me, and she handed it to Faith. "I found this cleaning out the closet  the other day, and I have a new picture that you can add in there." She said handing me the picture. Someone had used a Polaroid camera to take a picture of the three of us hugging a moment ago. Faith put her hand over her mouth, and she started to cry again. "I thought this got lost in the fire." She said hugging it. We had a house fire a couple years back, and I remember Faith crying about it for days. I looked at the cover, and the words Semper Fi were written on it. "What does that mean?" Charlie asked. I looked at Faith. "The words that I told your mom 24 years ago, it means always Faithful, it's what we say to each other when we things get hard. It reminds us that after everything we've been through after these 26 years, that we are still in fact in love with each other." I explained. Faith turned to me. "I love you baby." She said pressing a kiss to my lips. I smiled against her lips. "Semper Fi." I replied sweetly kissing her cheek. She looked at Charlotte who was taking a picture of us, and then she looked back at me. "Semper Fi, Nash." 

That was all I needed to hear, to know that we were going to be together, now and forever. 

**END OF THE BOOK. I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS, AND I WANT TO KEEP WRITING IT, BUT I FIGURED IT WAS GETTING TEDIOUS. STAY TUNED FOR MY NEWEST BOOK DISTURBED ATTRACTION!!! IT'S A HARRY STYLES FANFIC.!! THANKS FOR READING!!!**