Phan - I promise

Warning: Feels and sadness ahead.

Phil POV
Dan had gone into the shop opposite you and you told him I would meet up with him. I had just finished paying up and walked out of the shop.

I checked the road and saw that no cars were around so I began to cross. A horn blared, lights glared and then came the impact.

I flew over the windscreen and then rolled off the back of the car. Pain and agony flowed throughout my whole body.

The car sped away almost as if it was never there in the first place.

A crowd soon formed and a woman knelt by me and tried to keep you awake.

I suddenly heard a voice call out.

"Phil where are you?" It was Dan.

"Dan." I cried out, my voice hoarse and quiet.

"Is there a Dan here?" The woman who was knelt by me asked.

I then saw Dan push through the crowd towards me.

"Ph... Phil." Dan voice cracked.

He knelt beside me and held my hand tightly in his.

"It's going to all be okay. I promise." Dan told me, I'm not sure if he was convincing me or himself.

I heard the siren and saw the flashing lights of an ambulance.

I looked up at Dan and stared into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Goodbye Dan." I told him as I felt a sudden rush of pain flow through me.

"No Phil. Please stay with me." Dan begged.

My eyes began to close slowly and I felt my consciousness slipping away from me slowly.

"I will always love you Dan." I told Dan before I closed my eyes and let the darkness captivate me.

Dan POV
I climbed into the back of the ambulance with Phil.

I sat next to Phil never letting go of his hand. My grip was firmly on Phil's pale hand.

The ambulance soon pulled up at the hospital and Phil was rushed away.

I had to run to catch up with Phil. They then pushed him through two doors that were labelled as theater then I was stopped by a doctor.

"You can't go through there sir. I'm afraid that you will have to wait over there in the waiting room. We will tell you if we have any news." The doctor told me as he pointed at a waiting area.

I sat down on the chair and held my head in my hands. This was all my fault if only I was there for my little lion.

A few hours later the doctor came back.

"You can see him now. He will be alright now." He told me.

I followed him to a room numbered 122.

I slowly walked in and saw my Phil attached to all sorts of wires and machines.

I sat by him and held my warm hand in his cold pale hands.

I felt his fingers begin to move.

"Phil. Can you do that again?" I begged.

He grabbed my hand. I looked at him and saw that he was awake.

"Hey Phil. How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"I'm feeling alright." He said.

"I'm love you my little lion. I will always love you, keep you safe and protect you, I promise." I told Phil.

"I love you too my little Llama." Phil said.

I kissed his soft lips with mine but suddenly I heard a machine start to beep slowly.

"Phil. Phil. Phil." I said my voice slowly becoming a whisper.

I felt arms grab me and I was pulled away from Phil.

"Noooooo." I cried out, pain filling my voice.

I had to wait outside of his room.

It felt like I was waiting for hours but it was only minutes.

A doctor walked out of the room a solemn look plastered across his face.

"I'm so sorry sir but he didn't make it. He was bleeding internally and it was too late for him." The doctor told me. He patted my shoulder in condolence.

The doctor then walked away and left me alone.

I took one last look at Phil and then I walked away.

Tears were streaming down my face as I walked out of the hospital. How could have been so careless? How could they have let my Phil die?

I promised to keep him safe and protect him and I can't even do that.

I promised to him and I have broken that promise and nothing can fix this, nothing can repair my broken heart.