Prologue

My eyes slowly flickered open as they adjusted to the lighting of the room.

My head was resting against the window of the Train. I looked out to see the scenery zooming past. I snuggled more into my blanket as the air the conditioned kicked back on. I had another hour to go before the train reached Sacramento. My parents had decided to ship me off to our close friends and ex-neighbors for the summer while my older brother was away in Spain for a soccer camp.

When my parents first broke me the news, I was ecstatic, ready to have a great summer with Amaya, my old best friend, but that happiness soon died down when I realized that Caiden was going to be there too.

Caiden.

Caiden Gerrad.

Since I was ten I had the biggest crush on him. Whenever he was around my body buzzed and my stomach dropped. He was the star player on the lacrosse team. Everybody wanted to be his friend. Caiden was just that kind of guy. I could never tell Aamya, it was just an unsaid rule in the best friend girl handbook: never, under any circumstance date the brother. If Aamya or Caiden found out, I would not only lose a best friend, I would also lose my dignity.

I pushed that memory away and let the pleasant music that was playing through my earphones drift me away.

~~~~~

I slung my duffel bag over my shoulders and took my second bag with my right hand, and started to walk towards the front of the train station.

My eyes searched the hectic crowd for the Gerrad family. To my right I saw them waving their arms at me motioning me towards them. I gently slipped my phone in to my pocket and started walking towards them, weaving through the crowd. As I was making my way towards them I took that opportunity to study Caiden. He had grown much taller and his features were much more defined. His hair had grown longer and now covered his forehead. I looked past Caiden to see Aamya. She had cut her hair short and had also grown taller since the last time I had seen her. She was wearing something very trendy as usual.

"Pen! I can't believe you are here! I missed you!" Amaya said with a grin plastered on her face.

"I missed you to May! This is going to be the best summer! I said back to her pulling her into a hug.

Mr. and Mrs. Gerrad, Laura and Steve, both gave me hug and took my bags.

Amaya and I both linked arms and started walking towards the car trailing behind Laura and Steve.

"No 'I missed you 'hug to me?" I heard a deep voice say.

"That because you don't deserve one big brother" May said

"Oh come on, that's not true, right Penny?" Caiden said.

He took a step closer to me and opened his arms. I got on to my tip toes and gently wrapped my arms around his neck, and rested my chin on his muscular shoulder. I felt his arms wrap around my torso. My body was buzzing. My body was shaking. Relax Aspen it's just a hug. I said to myself. I let go of him quickly. He gave me his toothy smile. I returned a small smile and turned around and started to walk towards the car with Amaya.

---

Hey guys I don't really plan on doing many author notes. This is my first story on Wattpad some feedback would be great!