Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning to find Amaya on top of me and Caiden by my feet. We were all in pile. I slowly shrugged off and made my way to the bathroom. I retied my hair in a tighter pony tail and brushed my teeth. I made my way down stairs to see Steve drinking some coffee while reading something on his I-Pad while Laura was cooking a lumberjack breakfast.

"Good morning guys" I said making my way over to them.

"Hi honey" Laura said while giving me a side hug.

"How was the movie marathon last night? Steve said looking up.

"It was good May ended up sleeping after the first movie." Steve chuckled and looked back down to his I-Pad.

"Aspen honey, do you mind cutting up these oranges and using the juicer to make orange juice?"

"Yeah sure" I said getting to work. After juicing the oranges and helping Laura setting the table, I ran up for a shower. I wrapped my body and made my way to May's room. The room was empty so I quickly got changed and ran back down.

"Morning sleepy heads" I said smiling Caiden and Amaya. The family sat around the table all ready to eat.

"We were just waiting for Pen, but now that you're here" she said stuffing her face with a pancake.

"Well that's attractive" Caiden and I said together. My head turned towards him smirking right back at me. He raised his hand up indicating a five. I brought mine up to his and the ring of the clap stayed in the air.

"Whatever" She said rolling her eyes

"So what are you guys planning to do today?" Steve asked

"Well Aspen and I are going out for shopping today" Amaya said smiling at me with a sparkle in her eyes.

"And I'm hanging out with Jake and Nash"

"Okay well, Mom and I are planning to go out for dinner, so can you guys handle?"

"Yeah we will be fine dad" Amaya said.

Breakfast finished and Amaya and quickly got dressed. Amaya got her car keys and got into the car. As I was putting my sandals on, my Caiden Alarm went off. I looked up to see him grabbing his own pair of shoes and slipping them on. I quickly stood up from the stairs and straightened out my dress.

"Have a good day Caid" I said.

"Have a good day too beautiful" Caiden whispered into my ear while hugging me. "And be ready for tonight, a surprise, just for you." He said with big smile on his face

I gave him a questioning remark knowing that even asking him what he meant would be a waste of energy so I nodded and made my way to the Amaya's car.

Deep in thought for what was to come tonight.

~~~~~

"Aspen try this on" Amaya said handing a bunch of clothes. We had gone shopping from one store to another and now we had gathered a collective amount of bags. Somehow Amaya had convinced me to buy at least one thing from every other shop.

"Fine but this is the last store and then we are going out for lunch"

"Yeah, fine just go try the damn clothes on"

"Oh and by the way here are the clothes I want you to try on"

Every time Amaya and I would go shopping we had a tradition. She would pick clothes out for me to try on, and then I would chose for her.

"May"

"Yeah"

"Where you at"

"Two doors down"