Chapter 2

My stomach dropped.

I turned around and started speed walking, my eyes locked with the ground below me.
I knew this was going to happen. I mean he was Caiden! Of course he would have a girlfriend.

"Hey Aspen, I got you a coke." Jake called out to me.

I looked up and turned around. Jake was walking towards me. He came closer and handed me the glass bottle.

"Thanks." I said my voice shaky.

"You okay?" he asked with concern.

"yeah, yeah. I am fine."

I took a sip and looked around. I caught a glimpse of Caiden, he was still on the trampoline, with that girl.

"So..is there any reason you why you keep looking over at my buddy Caiden, or are you like his creepy little stalker?

"Oh uhm.."

"Or do you like him?"

My face goes pale. How does he know? Does Amya know?

"N-no. psshh, me liking Caiden, hell to the no." I said quickly gulping down the rest of my coke.

"You do like him, don't you?" Jake said

"Okay, yeah I kind of do." I said quietly, too embarrassed to even make any eye contact.

"Hey, don't worry about it, I won't tell anyone." He said gently putting his hand on my shoulder. He took a seat on the lounge chair near the pool. Jake looked up at me and patted to the seat next to him. I took a seat and took a swig out of my drink.

"So who is that girl any way?" I asked curiously.

"That's Ellie. She and Caiden have a thing going but nothings official so you still have a chance." Jake said winking.

I blushed, but ignored the two on the trampoline. Amya finally came back. This time with with some guy. Jake and I decided to ditch Amya and her boy toy. We ended up getting into the pool. The night went on and Jake made my first party of the summer fun.

---

My alarm went off. Today was the first day of Crew practice. I rushed around packing my bag. I got into to my sports attire. Amya was passed out still so I let her be. I got into my Nike's and ran down the stairs. Laura was also dressed in shorts and running shoes.

"Hey Laura! I need to get to practice down by the lake, can I get a ride?"

"Actually if you don't mind do you think you could drive yourself to practice? I was going out for a run and Steve took Caiden down to practice."

"That's works."

"Okay then! Here are the keys, this car will be yours for the summer, and also do you know how to get to crew?"

" That's awesome! I have my GPS that will help me get there so that works out"

" Okay then see you later honey."

"Bye Laura!"

I waved good bye and got into the car. Pulling out of the driveway I found a jack and connected my iPod to the audio system and blasted music. On the way to crew practice I took a little stop at Starbucks and got my daily coffee and bagel. Pulling into the gravel covered parking lot I stuffed the last of bagel and got out of the car. I slung my sports bag around my shoulders and jogged down to the boathouse.

I spotted a man who was very tall. He looked like he was is his early thirties. He had short brown buzz hair, and was well built.

"Hi, my name is Aspen and I was the new comer, joining the crew team here." I said shaking his hand.