t e n

Day 7

It was finally the last day of the bet. Who knew time would fly till this day? Until now, it was only the both of them who knew about the bet. Guess they could keep secrets well, huh?

It was early in the morning and Ross was already awake. He was just pacing outside of the tent, thinking.

The blonde haired boy groans in frustration. "I can't just say, 'Oh hey Laur, happy birthday. I've fallen for you!'. God, that sounds so stupid." He runs his hand through his soft, blonde hair as a sigh escapes his lips. "I guess this will have to wait..." He rubs his eyes and makes his way back in the tent, just to see the brunette already awake. His eyes widen, nearly popping out of his face as his body freezes and stays in place. Hopefully, she didn't hear anything what I said... Everything was going crazy in his mind, he didn't even notice the girl talking. "I'm sorry, what?" His eyes makes its way to hers. "I said, 'Is everything okay?'... Is everything okay?" She quickly scrunches her nose, confused. But she had a slight smirk on her lips. "Perfect. Everything's perfect." He might have said that like a little too quickly. Laura gets closer to him, making his breathing go faster. "You sure?" She softly giggles making him smile a little. "I swear I heard you say something outside." Her smirk was now seen. Ross swore his heart skipped a beat. "W-what are you talking about?" He takes a step back. "Stop playing games, Ross." Laura laughs and crosses her arms. Now she had a smile on. Ross rubs the back of his neck and looks down. "It's over. I fell..." He softly says. He doesn't hear anything which made his heart ache a little. But that changed as soon as tiny hands touched his large ones. He looks up to those chocolate, brown eyes. His heart melted. "It's okay,  Ross. I think I did too." Her smile widens. There was now a smile on the blonde's face. He leans in to kiss her but was stopped by the girl. He had a confused face on. "It's my birthday. I don't want to kiss you just yet," Laura smirks. "We'll see by the end of the day." She pulls away from the blonde and goes to her bag to get some new clothes.

•••

"Laura!" She hears the blonde boy whine again from behind her. She laughs and turns around to face him, making him stop on his tracks. "What?" She acts all innocent. He rolls his eyes. "I want to kiss you." He pouts, bringing his lower lip out. He had those puppy eyes. "You look so cute," Her hand makes its way to his cheek as she pinches it. "But no." Her smile widens and lets go of his cheek. "What do I have to do to earn a kiss from you?" He raises his eyebrow. "It's my birthday, be thoughtful." She shrugs and turns around to go to a big rock. She sits on it and stares at the view. Ross sits beside her after awhile of thinking. "Okay then." The way he sat beside her was now, closer. Their hips were touching, their legs too. They both could feel each other's body heat which made both of them crave for each other's bodies together. (not in that way!) But even though Laura wanted that, she knew that she needed to challenge him. "Happy birthday," The hazel eyes of Ross made its way to her chocolate, brown ones. "I never really greeted you properly earlier because of my... whining..." A chuckle escapes his lips as a smile escapes hers.

They look back at the view and it was beautiful. Those mountains they've been seeing. The lake which they swam in the other night. That big, old tree that's near the lake and has a rope tied to its strongest branch was there too. Laura looks up at the sky as a flock of birds fly. The sky was perfectly blue while the sun was covered by the clouds. "Today's beautiful." Words suddenly flowed out of her mouth. "I know another thing that's beautiful." She hears Ross say so she turns her head to his, just to see him looking at her. She rolls her eyes and smile. "You're cliché, but thank you." She put her hand up to his hair and runs her fingers through it. Ross's eyes lids close as that action was being done. She keeps doing it until a soft moan escapes the blonde's lips. He quickly opens his eyes to see the brunette trying to stop herself from laughing. "It's not my fault it feels really good!" He tries to argue at her. "Alright Lynch, alright," She giggles and gets up from the rock. "Did you bring that camera of yours?" She looks at him. "Always." He brings out a small bag from behind him and opens it to reveal his vintage (specifically, black and white filter) camera. The brunette takes it from his hands and turns it on. "What are you gonna do with it..." Ross slowly says as if someone is threatening him that they'll break one of his precious things. "Uhm, take pictures?" She looks through the eye piece and takes a snap of their view. There was now a smile on Ross's face. He watches the brunette as she takes photos of the most random things he can think of.