Chapter 1

"Focus, Lloyd. You can control your power much easier now that you've grown. You've just got to focus."

"Well, you talking isn't helping any, Kai." Lloyd closed his eyes and concentrated. He immediately regretted snapping at the Fire Ninja, but he was tired. Ever since he'd aged he hadn't been able to get any more than four hours of sleep at night. Every spare moment was spent training.

The small orb of green energy burst into existence in the center of his hands. He opened his eyes and grinned. A small bead of sweat formed on his forehead.

"Good," Kai said. "Try making it a little bigger, but don't lose control. You must harness this power."

"I'll try." Lloyd squeezed his eyes shut again, more sweat forming. This was the longest he'd ever been able to hold it. Usually, as soon as it appeared it'd fade. The orb swelled a little, growing bigger.

"Very good, kid. Now, aim for that punching bag.'

Lloyd spun around slowly, facing the bag. He was really sweating now, his face hot from the intense power he was calling upon. The power of his grandfather, the First Spinjitzu Master.

A beam of green light, a shade lighter than the orb, shot out. Lloyd let out a shout, trying to control its path. The beam wavered, wobbling in the air.

"Fantastic, Lloyd! Now, hit the bag," Kai exclaimed.

Lloyd tried, he really did, but the power was too much. He couldn't hold it. The beam shot to the left, completely missing the punching bag and instead hitting the mirror behind all of Dareth's fake trophies. It bounced around, and Lloyd, too drained to move, was hit by the uncontrollable power. He staggered, stumbling back a few steps, watching the world crumble to black and Kai racing toward him before he fell forward and collapsed, unconscious.

**************************************************************************************************

Lloyd opened his eyes slowly, the light hurting his eyes. The four ninja, Sensei Wu, and Nya were all staring down at him. He looked around. He was still lying on the floor of Dareth's Mojo Dojo.

"Wh...what happened," he asked sitting up and holding his head.

"You passed out after you were hit with that energy," Kai said. "You've been out for about an hour."

"An...an hour? What about Dareth's class? Didn't he have one?"

"Nah," Jay spoke up. "He canceled. We didn't want to move you. You were really pale and you were burning up."

"I...I was?" Lloyd tried to stand, but immediately started to fall. Cole caught him.

"Whoa, slow down there, kid. It's clear we've been pushing you too hard. Take it easy for a while," the Black Ninja said, setting him down.

"Cole is right," Zane put in. "If you are to be at full strength when you face Garmadon, you must rest."

"Rest? Rest! I can't rest! I have to master this!" Lloyd tried to stand once more, but Wu placed one end of his staff against his chest, effectively pinning him to the floor.

"You need to stay sharp and focused, nephew. The exertion of your body aging in a matter of seconds will have drained your strength as well. You need sleep."

"Fine." Lloyd said, giving up. Nya helped him to his feet.

"Come on," she said, placing one of his arms around her shoulders. Cole took the other. "We'll help you to the Bounty."

******************************************************************************************************

Lloyd woke to the pounding of footsteps above him. He sat up, groaning and holding his head. He had a massive headache. Just then Cole burst into the room the five of them shared.