Chapter 12

That boy just jumped off the ship while we were above cloud level! No way he survived that! I don't know why they're bothering.

As soon as Kai purposefully fell off the ship, everyone started scrambling around. Nya, as he learned the girl's name was, immediately pulled the ship into a dive, leveling us out as soon as we were below the clouds and could see Ninjago far below us.

Personally, Garmadon didn't understand what the fuss was about. The boy would never survive a fall like that. He's sure to be dead. Of course, he didn't voice his opinion. He was sure to get thrown off if he did. Garmadon couldn't afford that. He still needed their help to find his son.

The Ninja were watching the forest below them for any sign of Kai. Garmadon almost spoke up and told them it was hopeless, when one of the tallest trees fell over with no sign of a cause.

The three remaining Ninja grinned at each other.

"Kai," they said in unison.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai was sitting on the newly formed tree stump, trying to think of a way to contact he others, when the unmistakable roar of the Bounty's jets scared him half to death.

"Guys! How did you find me," he questioned, jumping up when the flying ship landed.

"We saw the tree fall," Zane responded, "and immediately knew it was you."

"Why are you so excited, Kai," Cole asked, jumping down from the deck. "You look like you just discovered where Lloyd is."

"That's because I have."

Everyone froze and looked at him.

"Well don't just drop a bomb like and shut up," Jay cried out. "Where is he?"

"Also, how did you figure it out?" Garmadon was staring at him. That was the only pair of eyes that made the Fire Ninja uncomfortable, even though they were filled to the brim with hope.

"After I punched the tree down, I turned around to go after another one, but there was a Serpentine right behind me: a Venomari. It ran almost as soon as I saw it, but I tackled it and forced it to tell me where Lloyd is."

"Well, tell us where, Kai, don't stop now!" Cole practically shouted at him.

"Scales is keeping him in one of the Serpentine tombs. The snake I caught didn't know which one; said only the other generals and Scales' inner circle knows. But there's only five tombs. We'll be sure to find him."

"Of course, why didn't we think of that," Garmadon, remarked, face-palming himself.

"That's what I thought," Kai exclaimed.

"Wow, we must be really dense to have missed that," Cole said, rubbing his temple.

"Then, tomorrow, we search the Serpentine tombs," Sensei Wu said, speaking up for the first time.

"Tomorrow? We don't have time to do it tomorrow! Lloyd needs us to save him now!" Kai wondered what made Sensei think it was a good idea to do it tomorrow. After all, he was the one who said 'Never put till tomorrow what can be done today.'

All Sensei did was point at the sun with his staff. "The sun is setting, and you boys need your sleep. You must be at full strength if we are to rescue my nephew."

The four Ninja bowed. "Yes, Sensei." It was obvious none of them were happy about it, especially Garmadon. He looked ready to kill his younger brother for putting the rescue on hold. Even Wu himself didn't look happy with the decision.

As the Ninja all piled back on the ship and got ready for bed, Kai couldn't help but think of Lloyd. He was sure the others were doing the same.

Don't worry, kid. Wherever you are, whichever tomb you're in, we'll find you.